TrackIR 4 USB Cable Length

AJ.eightFive

TrackIR 4 USB Cable Length

Post by AJ.eightFive »

I purchased a TrackIR 4 from eDimensional last week to replace my TrackIR 3 + VE. I havn't recieved it yet (backorder on Naturalpoint's end I think) but am getting pretty excited.

Anyway, I was wondering what the length of the USB cable on the new units are. The cord on the TrackIR 3 only just makes it from my tower to the top of my monitor. I'd like to know if the TrackIR 4 cable is going to be long enough so I can go buy a USB hub before it gets here.

Thanks.
Toady

Re: TrackIR 4 USB Cable Length

Post by Toady »

Hi AJ
Mine is 180cm.
AJ.eightFive

Post by AJ.eightFive »

Finally got my TrackIR 4 Pro in the mail today. Opened the shipping packing and... *whack*, my jaw hits the floor as I see how small it is! Incredible!

The USB cable is longer than the 3 Pro and the stand sturdy enough to be placed on top of my 5.1 center speaker which puts it nice and high above my head.

The tracking is phenomenal, even compared to the already stellar TrackIR 3.

Great job NaturalPoint!
Barred

Post by Barred »

quote:Originally posted by Toady:

NP. You really should have more warning on the packaging to cut down on the shock of first glimpse. [/QB]Yeah there will be fewer jaw dislocations.

Of course you could put a jaw support on the outside of the packaging before the unit is seen along winth instructions on how to use the sling.

On second thoughts no do not do it, it would have a manual!! (only j/k)
rodom

Post by rodom »

I'm thinking we should make it bigger.... and maybe weigh in at around 50 lbs. or so... I mean... bigger the better right? Also, we may start sending it as it kit that has around 45 pieces to glue together.

Wouldn't that be more fun? Come on!

Just kidding!
Toady

Post by Toady »

quote:Originally posted by AJ.eightFive:
Finally got my TrackIR 4 Pro in the mail today. Opened the shipping packing and... *whack*, my jaw hits the floor as I see how small it is! Incredible!I think this happens to everyone.

NP. You really should have more warning on the packaging to cut down on the shock of first glimpse.
Toady

Post by Toady »

quote:Originally posted by NaturalPoint - Rick:
I'm thinking we should make it bigger.... and maybe weigh in at around 50 lbs. or so... I mean... bigger the better right? Also, we may start sending it as it kit that has around 45 pieces to glue together.

Wouldn't that be more fun? Come on!

Just kidding! LOL
Don't get me wrong but its meant to be; 'The more you pay the bigger and more complicated it gets'.
I got this tiny little thing which worked straight out of the package. Wheres the fun in that?
Give me the good old days of writing boot discs and messing about with conventional, extended and high memory any day.