Precision Mode

dancd

Precision Mode

Post by dancd »

Doing a bit of Hotkey switching. Bo problems with Centering or Pause which both have a visual active indication. By what means is one
aware that Precision Mode is active? If there is an obvious change OK. But so far I cannot observe a recognizable change when I use the hotkey.
Toady

Re: Precision Mode

Post by Toady »

Dont know if you found this bit in the manual Dan but here you are.

Precision
The Precision Hotkey enables Precision mode which temporarily makes the view steadier by increasing the amount of smoothing that is used, when Precision mode is disabled again the smoothing returns to the normal amount for the profile. This is commonly used in combat flight simulators when tracking an enemy in your sights to keep the view as stable as possible.

You should be able to see the effect in the preview window in the profile edit window. Just moves a little smoother.
dancd

Post by dancd »

Thanks for the comments Toady, yes I have read the manual many times to find an answer to my question, however I shall be looking for the slight change in effect when applied.
Toady

Post by Toady »

Hi Dan
Wasnt trying to be glib or anything mate. Just trying to help.
Checked it out for myself before posting. Let us know how you got on.
dancd

Post by dancd »

Hello Toady,
Your replys were very much appreciated and following your suggestion I can now detect a change. I was also interested in the comment made by Rick that Precision Mode would be most evident in sims
like CFS when zooming in.