Slight movement ticks

ravenn22

Re: Slight movement ticks

Post by ravenn22 »

I changed the hat I have the reflectors clipped onto pretty quickly ( now flat black ) as I was seeing the contrast areas showing up in the IR display, but was still getting jitters regardless.

It's been fine with FSX, btw, after the beta 2/3 patch - but now doesn't seem to work with the release version. Will check the ACEs forums to see if anyone else has run into this...
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Thrud, please check your email.......
Thrud

Post by Thrud »

thank you, Vincent

i'd be curious to know if it was overheating. it seems like the new smaller design and everything being on 1 board instead of 2 like TIR3 would make it prone to that or it could be something as simple as a bad solder. just a guess.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Probably just a bad solder joint, or resistor issue. I run my TrackIR all day long, and have never had an issue.
GOZR

Post by GOZR »

Well maybe it looks like an hardware problem, I saw it with my own eyes.

Almost stop at Corvalis to visit you guys at NP but it was too late so i went to McMinnville instead.
I will have to pass by again on an other trip.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

We will be here.
Spidious

Post by Spidious »

That had no effect at all. But the suggestion to uncheck the Internal view with my active camera did work !

I really like teh suggestion to not wear my glasses.. HA HA.. I would not even be able to see the screen to tell you if it was messing up if I did that ..
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

G ood to here it is working ok for you.
Thrud

Post by Thrud »

got the replacement TIR4 in the mail today (thanks guys). it's been plugged in for 30 mins now and all seems well. the back of the unit seems warm again. i'm waiting to see if the warm unit will do anything again such as was seen in the old unit.

i would like to know if you guys will ever tell me/us what was wrong with the old unit now that you have it.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Generally, we do an initial testing on a returned unit, then set it aside for further testing, which can take an extended period of time for followup.