TIR for Armed Assault

Hotdognz

Re: TIR for Armed Assault

Post by Hotdognz »

I have the demo and TIR is working but I have a promblem in that its looking to the left when it starts the game up, what commands in ArmA demo centers the tir as F12 doesnt do any thing ??

Cheers
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Check the default profile (what we have set for ArmA), and check the hotkey settings.
MaXThReAT

Post by MaXThReAT »

I just wanted to pop in and say how much I love using the TrackIR in ArmA. I can't play without it. I don't know how many times I've been running a strait line and looked around only to find an enemy I would have missed looking strait ahead. I finish at the top every time. People in the game are like how do you do that because they see my model looking around. The best is flying around with the TrackIR. IMO, every single FPS past, present and future should implement support like this. It really brings you in to the game and makes you feel like your there. I can't wait to combine it with a HMD. Great job by both NaturalPoint and BI for providing a really great game.
cd_albert

Re: TIR for Armed Assault RSI user needs help!

Post by cd_albert »

I have different request for TIR: I have severe RSI and would love to get TIR to work in place of the mouse (not using it to move the head) and also to use it to go forward/backward.

Instead of the zoom function I tried to make it forward,but it would not work and just ran all of the time.

If you can, please advice on what settings to use in the options of the game...to get back into fps gaming would be awesome...with no hands and voice commands only!!!
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

You can try using the mouse emulation application that we include with our TrackIR software, and disble the TrackIR mode in ArmA settings.
cd_albert

Post by cd_albert »

I have the smartnav3 EG with the vector expansion...however what I want is to use the TIR to move forward and back by moving my head forward and back and turn my hed to move the weapons direction.

With the smartnav alone I still need a method of actually moving...the foot peddals make my knees sore...it tell ya, I can't win!

Any ideas? Can I map the TIR so the zoom function in AA becomes forward/back?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

No, the zoom feature isn't supported with the mouse emulation, or SmartNAV software, for doing in-game movement.
cd_albert

Post by cd_albert »

In AA if you mve your head back and forward with the night vision goggles on i does zoom in and out, this is what I mean...sorry if I'm not being clear.
it's TRAKIR +tz

But changing that to move forward makes the causes the caracter to run forwards all of the time.

Also, SamrtNav works perfectly in the games menus etc but will not work durig actual gameplay! Why??!! Those of us o actually paid for the accuracy of the SN cursor control should be able to use it. The mouse emulation is very sluggish. Why is this?

I could not find a way to play AA windowed...I assume Smart Nav works then if i's a window on the desktop to actually control the game??
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

1 - have you turned of TrackIR support in the ArmA menu?

To use it in mouse emulation mode, would need to use it without the builtr in support trying to grab ahold of the controlloer.
cd_albert

Post by cd_albert »

again, sorry to be thick, but could not find that option in the menu of ArmA.

The Smartnav software works pefectly in the in-game menus, but does not cotrol the game, this is what is annoying