trackIR pitch problem

Astrodave

trackIR pitch problem

Post by Astrodave »

Hi, I just purchased my trackIR yesterday at the conference and am having a pitch problem when looking up. Whenever i try to look up, the tracker loses the headset and the green light goes out and no upwards movement happens at all. I have taken the headset piece off and oriented it near the tracker and at different angles to try and get it to pitch up and there is no movement upwards at all on the head display or in the game. Maybe there is something wrong with my unit in that it wont track upwards movement? I also have turned off all lights per the instructions in case it was an overhead light causing it and still no joy. Any help would be appreciated because other than that im loving this thing!
VincentG

Re: trackIR pitch problem

Post by VincentG »

Which application is this an issue with. Is it isolated to one game?

Could you attach a screen shot of your device manager, and tracking screen?

To make Print Screen work, you must save an image of what's displayed on-screen to the clipboard and then paste it into a document where it can be printed.

Windows Help: Print Screen

To do this, follow this procedure:

1. Maximize the window you'd like to capture.
2. To copy/capture the current window, hold down ALT + Print Scrn at the same time. To capture the entire screen, just press Print Scrn alone.
3. Open a new document in MS Paint, MS Word, MS Photo Editor, or Adobe PhotoShop.
4. Paste the screen shot by holding down CTRL and V at the same time.
5. Save the document as a .JPG or .JPEG file and send it in.

Have you tried turn off any kind of power save feature for your USB ports?

In the "Device Manager" you can right click the "USB Hub"(s) that show and turn off the power saving feature that turn those ports off when idle. Sometimes that has an impact on the connectivity of the devices.
Astrodave

Post by Astrodave »

I think i may have solved it. The 3 dots on the centering screen have to be evenly distanced apart when you center, or the top tracking gets lost after you've gone a certain distance. What looked centered to me looking at my monitor was not what the dots were showing up as on the centering software screen. Make sure that the top dot is as far away from the bottom 2 dots as possible and equally distanced when pressing f12 or you will have tracking problems. Now when i center, i just look straight ahead and then adjust the hat a bit so that all 3 dots are equidistant before hitting f12. If i run into further problems ill let you know. Love the trackir!
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Glad to hear it is working properly, and enjoy.
Muhad

Post by Muhad »

I think i may have solved it. The 3 dots on the centering screen have to be evenly distanced apart when you center, or the top tracking gets lost after you've gone a certain distance. What looked centered to me looking at my monitor was not what the dots were showing up as on the centering software screen. Make sure that the top dot is as far away from the bottom 2 dots as possible and equally distanced when pressing f12 or you will have tracking problems. Now when i center, i just look straight ahead and then adjust the hat a bit so that all 3 dots are equidistant before hitting f12. If i run into further problems ill let you know. Love the trackir!
Just curious, do you have to reset/re-center every time you put our hat on?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Generally most people don't sit in the exact spot every time, so you just hit the F12 key(default) to recenter the TrackIR.
mvc321

Post by mvc321 »

Yes, I do that (Use o F12)
But do you understand my problem?
When i push F12 the view gets centered, but with this view, you can�t see the runway when you are landing
The level of my eyes its at the same height than the autopilot

If you see this video

http://www.simradar.com/Feature/4015/VA ... D_767.html

You can see that the view of the pilot is higher than the one that you have when you push F12. With this view, is easier to land because you can see the runway.

My question is:

what do you do step by step to get the same view than the video one?

Thanks
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

mvc321

Post by mvc321 »

thanks, I really make a mistake and I didn�t ask the question in the correct topic

Sorry