speed of cursor

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
dododoo

speed of cursor

Post by dododoo »

hi guys, just bought myself a smartnav 3 eg as i seem to have aquired a little rsi.

i am using the thing on a laptop with a 1920 x 1200 px screen and the dot on a baseball cap tp magnify my head movements as suggested, but was wondering if there is any way of 'fine' adjusting the horizontal and vertical speed. I have hz speed set to 2 and vertical set to 3 and wish i could set them to say 1.6 and 2.7 or something. There seems to be a massive jump between the 1 speed setting ( where i cannot move the cusor across the whole screen as the tracking doesn't go far enough ) and the 2 speed setting which is ok but still a little to fast for my liking. ( hard to hold still when text editing code and using the precision key all the time is a little annoying.

anyways i ws hoping that it is some algorithm than can be relaxed in a future version of software to allow non-integer values for speed?

cheers,

simon
VincentG

Re: speed of cursor

Post by VincentG »

Try adjusting your Windows Mouse settings, these settings matter and you can increase your precision by turning on Mouse Acceleration, or Increase Your Pointer Accuracy, whatever it may be called in your version of Windows. Also try turning up the speed in here, about 3/4 way and then lowering our speed setting, that can help on some systems. This is recommended for more advanced users because if too much acceleration is applied it may cause the cursor to 'swim' around.
dododoo

Post by dododoo »

that didn't seem to make much difference really, so can you put it on the list of things to do in latest versions. it must be fairly possible as you already have the precsion functionality. Just needs to be a little more configurable ! :-)

cheers,

simon
kevin

Post by kevin »

I was going to mention precision mode, when you toggle on precision mode is the cursor then too slow?
dododoo

Post by dododoo »

yes sort of.

what i'd like is to be able to adjust the speed with more finesse. so that i can have it a little faster than 1 but not as fast as 2. prescion is good but alot of the time i think that if i could adjust the general speed more exactly then i could do many of the things i want to do without resorting to another key press toggliing precision on and off.