New TrackClip Pro!

VincentG

Re: New TrackClip Pro!

Post by VincentG »

You can make it battery powered quite easily, just cut the cord or solder something to the clip part, very low power, like 16ma, so a battery could last for 24 hours.

The cable I currently have on my headset from creative is the same size and weight as the USB cable that we used with the device.
geofa

Post by geofa »

Will there be any upgrade pricing for this? I just bought tracker ir4 two weeks ago and would have gladly paid the $20 extra bucks for this....
steku

Post by steku »

I'm afraid that I still don't understand how the "power tap cable" for TrackClip Pro looks like. I can only image:

1. It's short cable with standard USB plug intended to be injected to PC's USB socket and then two cables (one to headset and second to TrackClip) go form this cable to the headset?

2. It's a kind of replacement cable intended to be installed between TrackClip and some kind of custom USB socket on Creative headsets? Then only one cable from PC's USB socket to TrackClip and next another short cable from TrackClip to headset itself?

3. Something different?

What kind of USB power socket you used on TrackClip:

A. USB A-type (rectangular)?
B. USB B-type (square)?
C. custom?

The more detailed photos on your product page or here on the forum will really help. I mean photos of "power tap cable" and socket on the TrackClip. I think it's not classified

And returning to baterry power. How many Volts you should have to power TrackClip? And how to connect the power from batterey without breaking the warranty. Here photos will help too...
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

OK, it is a cable that plugs into a standard USB port, has secondary 6ft cable that runs to the TrackClip Pro for power, as well standard female USB plug to use with any USB device (i.e. TrackIR 4, Joystick, Mouse, keyboard, etc.)
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

If you cut the cable to attach a battery, it would void the warranty, but it could be done.

I sent an image of the cable to your email address. I will send you another with explanation of the image
steku

Post by steku »

Thank you for explanations.
Now I understand that TrackClip is powered from PC USB socket by it's own 6ft (hardwired to TrackClip) cable and it doesn't matter if your headphones are USB or classic type. This cable includes USB pass through so it doesn't waste your computers USB port.
Please think about some kind of reusable straps to attach this cable to headphone cable.

After all your explanations I finally think it's a product for me

Thank you!
SuperKungFu

Post by SuperKungFu »

can you post the picture on this thread so we all can see it?
Barred

Post by Barred »

can you post the picture on this thread so we all can see it?
Try http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/02- ... p-PRO.html

It is the same inage that sDimentional have on their website.
keith parsons

Post by keith parsons »

Think maybe if the power cable was added to the pic, it would be a lot clearer as the clip looks wireless to me.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

steku
- No issue, glad I could help out.

Everyone else
- As far as the picture, I will try an get some nice ones posted on the website showing the pass-through cable and the wiring setup as soon as possible.