Mouse emulation

viper_x

Mouse emulation

Post by viper_x »

Hi

I have TrackIr 2, TrackIr 3 and TrackIr 4 in home and get can't working mouse emulation in system (Windows XP) in Natural Point software version 4.xx. In v3.13 i have no problem with both TrackIr 2 and TrackIr 3 but TrackIr 4 didn't work with v3.13 software. Hardware is ok because i can 'move' 3d head in software (4.xx), can change speed, smoothing, etc. but mouse pointer don't move. i have default profile used. please tell me how to get it working?

Greetings
Michal
VincentG

Re: Mouse emulation

Post by VincentG »

answered in email.........
jmagness

Post by jmagness »

Hi Vincent,

For the sake of us who would like to know, does mouse pointer emulation work with TrackIR Pro and the current software. If yes, how do we get it to work? If no, are there plans to add in the future.

Thanks,
Mag_Maverick
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

The mouse emulator application will work with the current version of the TrackIR software. It is only intended for use within applications that doesn't have TrackIR support built into it. In other words, it is designed to work in a "mouse" look mode in those type of applications.

To get it to do this.

1 - Start the TrackIR software
2 - Start the emulation application
3 - Start the game application
4 - You may need to run in a "windowed" mode, for it to work as well.

If you are wanting to use the TrackIR as a mouse replacement device, that functionality is not built into the TrackIR unit. We have another line of products for that purpose, called SmartNAV, which can be found here.

http://www.naturalpoint.com/smartnav/