should i buy the trackclip pro or not

hulemanden

should i buy the trackclip pro or not

Post by hulemanden »

hi and happy new year.

i just bought the trackir 4 and i am happy with it then i read about the clips and would like to buy them to but im in doubt is they better than the track hat and whats the really bennefits of them compare to the vector i have read the review og the clips but still in doubt,
what are you guys saying whos already bought them is they worth the money compare to the the trackir with the vector hat
flygirl

Re: should i buy the trackclip pro or not

Post by flygirl »

Hi. To be honest with you, I have gone back to using the vector on the hat. For me, at least the clip still has some cliches with its movement, especially turning my head left. And, I have come not to like the added cable that comes off of it. Plus, I have concluded that the unit must need a more powerful computer than I, P4 3.2 Dell XPS, 2 gigs of ram, raid0 with 2x250 WD HD's and a Geforce 7800 GSOC card, to run it with FsX. Although I think issues are still with this simconnect program and not the trackIR's fault. It is just not nearly as smooth as in Fs9. So, I would wait.

All the best Flygirl
hulemanden

Post by hulemanden »

ok i can tell you that i use fs 9 still and have a very powerfull pc
my pc is a core2 duo 6600 a geforce 8800 gtx and 2 gb cossir memory

but if i understand you right the clips are better in fs9 than in fsx?
flygirl

Post by flygirl »

ok i can tell you that i use fs 9 still and have a very powerfull pc
my pc is a core2 duo 6600 a geforce 8800 gtx and 2 gb cossir memory

but if i understand you right the clips are better in fs9 than in fsx?
Well, in Fs9 I stll have a jerky movement to the left, but not as pronounced.

Flygirl
Barred

Post by Barred »

Flygirl did you try my sugestion in http://forum.naturalpoint.com/showflat.p...e=0&fpart=2 I had the same problem that you are experiencing. It took me a few days of fidling but my post in the above link works for me. I no longer have any juddering when panning.

General reply. I have found that the clip took more time to set up originally. I can now set it up as easy as my hat, but it is like originally owning a TIR for the first time all over again.

IF you are in a bright area then the active tracking is far better than the tape. So far I have not had the dreadded Red Spot.

Please PM me if you want help in setting up the active clip and I will try and help you get it running. BUT please bare in mind I am a (long term) user like yourselves and have never been part of NP.

Happy New Year.
Wiltshiretony

Post by Wiltshiretony »

I very recently won a 2nd hand TrackIR4 on eBay and then purchased a trackclip from an online retailer. Both arrived in time for the Christmas break. Setting up was a complete doddle and within 15mins I was driving in GT Legends like a pro. Mr Barreds setups are very, very good and if they don't quite suite, then editing them is possible and also easy. I have a P4 3.2 with 1gb ram and have experienced no juddering or choppiness at all.
I wish I had taken the plunge months ago but it was the release of the trackclip that finally made me take the plunge. I just didn't want to have to wear a hat!
Hope this helps
Tony
Barred

Post by Barred »

I very recently won a 2nd hand TrackIR4 on eBay and then purchased a trackclip from an online retailer. Both arrived in time for the Christmas break. Setting up was a complete doddle and within 15mins I was driving in GT Legends like a pro. Mr Barreds setups are very, very good and if they don't quite suite, then editing them is possible and also easy. I have a P4 3.2 with 1gb ram and have experienced no juddering or choppiness at all.
I wish I had taken the plunge months ago but it was the release of the trackclip that finally made me take the plunge. I just didn't want to have to wear a hat!
Hope this helps
Tony
I am glad that my profile was of help Wiltshiretony. Enjoy your TIR it is a great product.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Great to hear......