3-button hand held clicker

Here you can talk about SmartNav and related products and issues not covered by other forums.
weezil

3-button hand held clicker

Post by weezil »

Is this out of line or too much to ask?

Are there other items (clickers) that will work connected through the accessories y-cable?

The one-button clicker and one-button foot clicker seem a little wasteful for a product that is so amazing. I got mine in yesterday and, man... it's no less than amazing.

This 3-button hand held clicker would be even amazing-er combined with ring and/or hat/dot usage.
weezil

Re: 3-button hand held clicker

Post by weezil »

Okay... I know I'm new to it, but here's a pretty frakkin' great idea.

I covered the optic on my mouse and now just hold it comfortably in my hand, using the buttons on it. Now... if only I had a wireless mouse.

T
kevin

Re: 3-button hand held clicker

Post by kevin »

Hello,

Thank you for your posts and feedback. The SmartNAV switch port is only a stereo port and can accept input from two switches.

For what you are talking about I would suggest an ErgoClick or triple/dual action footswitch from Kinesis. Both of which are USB devices.

We have had many users use normal off the shelf mice for clicking as well while keeping the SmartNAV for cursor control.

It really comes down to playing around with different devices and finding what is going to make you the most comfortable at your workstation. Its a little different for everyone...

Please post if you have any follow up questions or comments.

Thanks,
Kevin