Custom defined clip

Skinny

Custom defined clip

Post by Skinny »

It would be nice if there was a way to define a custom "clip".
The vector clip is no good for me, as it requires a hat (which I hate wearing), and my trackIR is positioned too low to use it with my headset (if I pitch my head up, it looses sight).

When I just put some dots of reflective tape on my microphone boom and earphones of my headset, I get a gorgeous reception image, but no usable tracking.

Therefore, it would be really nice if there where some way to define custom a clip, indicating 3D positions of your clip. no need for a fancy UI, even a registry hack would make me happy already

Any chance of seeing that ?
VincentG

Re: Custom defined clip

Post by VincentG »

I will pass on the info, to the development team....
Elbozo

Post by Elbozo »

Hello,

I've got the same issue. Now, is it possible to use reflective dots to create a custom clip with vector ?
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Unfortunately, with TrackIR it's not possible to create a custom clip. The values are hard coded, and the designs were selected for specific geometric reasons. Adjusting that would likely create more tracking issues than it would correct.
Game Pro

Post by Game Pro »

I would like to see this device come with an option to attach it to some sort of adjuastable elastic headband so it can be use without a hat or headphones as i found it rather difficult to find an appropriate spot to mount on my headphones as the ideal mounting spot was either too wide or thick for the clip to attach.