stability when hovering

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
curious1

stability when hovering

Post by curious1 »

Hi- I struggle a bit to keep the mouse arrow still just before I click. That is, when I�m �hovering� over my final target. Is there a way to improve this, perhaps with some setting in the software. If not, may I request this as an improvement (software or hardware). Thank you very much.
VincentG

Re: stability when hovering

Post by VincentG »

Try adjusting your Windows Mouse settings, these settings matter and you can increase your precision by turning on Mouse Acceleration, or Increase Your Pointer Accuracy, whatever it may be called in your version of Windows. Also try turning up the speed in here, about 3/4 way and then lowering our speed setting, that can help on some systems. This is recommended for more advanced users because if too much acceleration is applied it may cause the cursor to 'swim' around.

Play with the Gravity feature, I think it rocks, but you do have to set it up for your own tastes. Gravity is a feature you have with the SmartNAV software and should be tried out. Try just having it turned on for the Control Boxes, those are the Close Minimize and maximize ones, the hard to hit little ones. Once you get comfortable with this, you can add more buttons in.
curious1

Post by curious1 »

Thanks very much - tried it out.
P.s. I've found now that the "motion" bar (made more "smooth") also helps hugely. Great feature!
Regards
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

No issue, glad we could help
Digitanium

Post by Digitanium »

I'm going to try vista again this weekend on my other pc, i'll let you know how i get on in due course.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

OK, sounds good.....
kevin

Post by kevin »

I would highly suggest trying Gravity as Vince mentioned, it works pretty well.