Flight X

MemphisBelle

Re: Flight X

Post by MemphisBelle »

Hello Westwood,

have you actually tryied the FS9, whever it works or not? If other games were running only FSX does not, may be the game it self makes that trouble.

Another way to go would be a completely reinstallation of your Windows to get your HD clear. After reinstalling the needed Drivers for Sound, Mainboard, GFX-card and finaly the game, you might get a result. I would try that way.

Greetz Daniel from germany...btw..I will get TRackIR4 pro tomorrow.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Greetz Daniel from germany...btw..I will get TRackIR4 pro tomorrow.
Enjoy
westwood

Post by westwood »

Such a ridiculous waste of time, energy and money. Huge problem trying to reinstall McAfee as it was installed and registered at a repair facility. Finally, cut my losses and dumped McAfee and installed Avast for free(excellent program BTW).

Now everything is working but the tracker loses calibration extremely easily and I'm constantly pressing F12 to center it.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

1 - Check the tracking screen; make sure there are no extra light sources that are interfering.

2 - Try adjusting the flight profile, i.e. try increasing the dead zone some small adjustments in your seat will not effect the tracking.

3 - How far away from the unit are you sitting?

4 - Are you using the TrackClip Pro, or the Vector Clip?
westwood

Post by westwood »

1 - Check the tracking screen; make sure there are no extra light sources that are interfering.
-Same result with lamp on or off.

2 - Try adjusting the flight profile, i.e. try increasing the dead zone some small adjustments in your seat will not effect the tracking.
-I'll try that.

3 - How far away from the unit are you sitting?
-About 2 feet.

4 - Are you using the TrackClip Pro, or the Vector Clip?
-It's the clip with 3 reflective squares mounted on the brim of a baseball hat.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Could you send be a screen shot, of the tracking screen, when you get a chance?
westwood

Post by westwood »

My screen capture program (fraps) doesn't want to take a screen capture of both heads together on the tracking screen.
Looking UP or RIGHT or LEFT works but if I look even slightly DOWNWARD, it just goes wherever it wants.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Remove the TrackIR software by doing the following:
a. Click "Start"
b. Click on the "Control Panel"
c. Click "Add/Remove Programs"
d. Find "TrackIR" and click "Change/Remove"
e. Once launched it will give the option to completely remove it.
f. Delete the NaturalPoint folder at the following location, C:\Program Files\NaturalPoint
g. Download and reinstall the software from the following location, http://media.naturalpoint.com/software/ ... .Final.exe

Could you attach a screen shot of your device manager (showing USB), and tracking screen (TrackIR software)?

To make Print Screen work, you must save an image of what's displayed on-screen to the clipboard and then paste it into a document where it can be printed.

Windows Help: Print Screen

To do this, follow this procedure:

1. Maximize the window you'd like to capture.
2. To copy/capture the current window, hold down ALT + Print Scrn at the same time. To capture the entire screen, just press Print Scrn alone.
3. Open a new document in MS Paint, MS Word, MS Photo Editor, or Adobe PhotoShop.
4. Paste the screen shot by holding down CTRL and V at the same time.
5. Save the document as a .JPG or .JPEG file and send it in.