SetECTHook failed error

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
mike_face

SetECTHook failed error

Post by mike_face »

Every time I start the SmartNav software, I get the following error message: "SetECTHook failed," and I have the option to press OK. When I do that, the program freezes (it appears in the process list and takes up 99% of my cpu but does not "run" in any other sense of the word).

Any ideas on how to fix this?
mike_face

Re: SetECTHook failed error

Post by mike_face »

I have the Smart-NAV 3 EG, and it worked for a few days but then it just stopped. I'm pretty sure I didn't change anything in terms of software to cause that change. Hopefully this is all a big brain fart and I forgot to plug it in like you said (I'll have to check when I get home), but I don't think that's it.

It sounds like my computer might not be finding it, though, if unplugging it causes this error. The unit is brand new so I'm sure it's not dying yet.
johnqpublic

Post by johnqpublic »

I have seen that error before... and the high CPU utilization... either because the device was unplugged from the USB port or when my unit was in its last stages of life. My V2 unit, after several years of use, started to fail from time to time... and eventually died permanently. I now have a V3 model that works great.

Have you been able to use your device at all? Hopefully someone from NaturalPoint will be able to assist you further.
mike_face

Post by mike_face »

It seems that the new software on the website fixed this problem. Hopefully it stays gone!