Random unwanted right clicking (revisited)

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
johnqpublic

Random unwanted right clicking (revisited)

Post by johnqpublic »

I, like someone else who posted recently, am experiencing occasional unwanted right clicking when I use my left mouse switch and the assigned hotkey (apps) for the left mouse button. Here are my specs:

Windows XP Home
SmartNav Version 3.2 build 8
EG 18758

I've never experienced this problem with any of the earlier software releases. When the right clicking occurs I have to hit the right mouse button hotkey (F8) in order to return to normal function, otherwise I cannot let click on anything (including desktop icons & hyperlinks within a Web browser). I've tried disabling the right mouse key Ability Switch, but that has not helped any, and in fact, my user profile does not retain the "disabled" selection for the Ability Switch if I shut down and restart the software. Is this normal?
Donald

Re: Random unwanted right clicking (revisited)

Post by Donald »

Hello Sir,

Try setting the Right Click ability switch to Pause instead of disabled.

As for saving the settings, these would be in the profile that was loaded. When you close the software, you should get a dialog box asking you to save the settings in the profile.

If you click yes, they should be saved and be loaded again when you start the software.

Thank you,

Donald
Birch

Re: Random unwanted right clicking (revisited)

Post by Birch »

I have tested and reproduced the issue where the Ability Switch action settings are not saved+restored when they are set to "disabled", however I have not been able to reproduce the erratic clicking. Both issues have been entered into our system and we will look into them further.

Thank you,