America's Army 2.8.1

JBravo

America's Army 2.8.1

Post by JBravo »

So I know this has preliminary support in current version of game - what exactly does this mean >? What is included and how can I use it at the moment. I dont seem to be able to get any TrackIr functionality working with Americas Army at the moment, not even in some limited way.

AAO release notes :

We have included preliminary support for TrackIR in this release. You will need to have the latest TrackIR software installed for this to work. (http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/)

In future versions we plan to have more complete support for this system, and it is included now to allow you to play around with the system with some basic functionality. More information on features and support is available from the in-game console by typing: "TrackIRHelp"

Note: This feature is not yet supported or completed and is included for evaluation purposes only.

Rgds,
J.B.
JBravo

Re: America's Army 2.8.1

Post by JBravo »

So an update for anyone else wondering about using this with Americasarmy ver 2.8.1.

Only way I could get TrackIr working was to use the Mouse Emulation facility:
Load the TrackIR software.
Load the TIRMouse.EXE file that is located in your TrackIR installation folder. C:\Program Files\NaturalPoint\TrackIR for example.

From there I could use TrackIr in game, but was very awkward, as the headset movement controlled the firing aimpoint and direction of movement, rather than the soldiers head movements/vision.

I hope TrackIr and Americas Army will change this in next release. Your aimpoint and movement direction should be with mouse, but TrackIr should allow you to look around your world more, without affecting movement direction, or aimpoint position.

J.B.
mmed

Post by mmed »

Enter TrackIRHelp in the console to get a list of commands.
There's a command to enable track-ir and another command to asign a key to be able to use track-ir. You must hold down that key to be able to look around. It's not working very good, but will probably be better in the future.
FalcoN85

Post by FalcoN85 »

[quote=mmed]Enter TrackIRHelp in the console to get a list of commands.
There's a command to enable track-ir and another command to asign a key to be able to use track-ir. You must hold down that key to be able to look around. It's not working very good, but will probably be better in the future. [/quote]

when i type trackirhelp, what do i type after that ?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Are you running 2.8.2 of America's Army?

It should have default support, with the TRackIR software runnig, and in the application vehicle.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=JBravo]...From there I could use TrackIr in game, but was very awkward, as the headset movement controlled the firing aimpoint and direction of movement, rather than the soldiers head movements/vision.

I hope TrackIr and Americas Army will change this in next release. Your aimpoint and movement direction should be with mouse, but TrackIr should allow you to look around your world more, without affecting movement direction, or aimpoint position.

J.B. [/quote]
I'm working with the AA designers to get this implemented. It's not a for-sure thing yet, but they're very aware of this possible application in infantry, and it's something they're seriously looking into. When there's more to report, I'll be giving you all a heads up.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack