Blinking Blue Light

AsRock+SD

Blinking Blue Light

Post by AsRock+SD »

Is there anyway you could make it possible to disable this as it's annoying has hell and it atracts kids too....
VincentG

Re: Blinking Blue Light

Post by VincentG »

Unfortunately, there is no way to disable that function within the firmware. It is an auto indicator that the unit is doing a system check.
Reinhard

Post by Reinhard »

Nah, I cannot believe what I read.

A permanent blinking blue light in my field of vision although the device is not in use. To be honest: really annoying!!!

What system check? Devices which are switched off and have no function don't have to blink into my eyes, when I f. ex. read a text in the upper part of the monitor. A real horror and step back in comparison to TrackIR2.

Greets Reinhard
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

It is unfortunate that it preforms this check, as it is part of the chip design, and will do this as long as the USB device is plugged in.
Catch22

Post by Catch22 »

"A real horror and step back in comparison to TrackIR2."

Greets Reinhard
Really? Don't you think you're exaggerating just a bit?

TBH I didn't know what you were talking about... I've never seen mine blink before. I found it started blinking after I turned off the software program. So... you could keep the TrackIR app running in the system tray and not have any problem with the blinking light.

I don't know if you have the Vector Clip or the TrackClip Pro, but you may have to disable the LEDs on it if they are bothering you too. I use the TrackClip Pro so the LEDs are never on and the green light only comes on when I put on my headset with the TrackClip on it.

I know too well how annoying a bright blue light can be. Both my speakers have BRIGHT blue lights. And now... my new computer... oh my god... can't even count how many blue LED lights there are in there. But... when all else fails, there is still electrical tape.

I hope that helps some.
Reinhard

Post by Reinhard »

I know too well how annoying a bright blue light can be. Both my speakers have BRIGHT blue lights. And now... my new computer... oh my god... can't even count how many blue LED lights there are in there. But... when all else fails, there is still electrical tape.

I hope that helps some.
Well, to be honest I found that not really helpful as imho there is a difference between several blue lights you have around you and a blinking light which on your monitor is in your direct field of vision. There of course is always a way to get along and manage to live with a problem (f. ex. electrical tape or cutting the usb wire), I prefer however to solve a problem.

Greets Reinhard
Catch22

Post by Catch22 »

Ok, so the blinking light is the problem. So why don't you simply leave the TrackIR software running? It only seems to blink when the software isn't running. My software launches at startup, so I haven't even noticed the blinking since I got it.

Do you have a TrackClip Pro, or a Vector clip?
Reinhard

Post by Reinhard »

Thanks for answer, Catch22!

Of course there is always a way to get along somehow, what struck me most is the fact that I have been used to perfect solutions from NaturalPoint, as I'm a perfectionist and and it simply seems not perfect to me that a device is blinking which is not "active" (i. e. not needed).

Perhaps I will use your "solution" although I'm a friend of a "lean" PC, i. e. theres is no program in my Windows autostart section, I try to have no programs running which are not needed, so I normally close down every program I do not use. This philosophy always helped me keeping my PC really fast.

By the way, I use the vector clip.

Greetings from Germany

Reinhard
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

ok.....