X-wing Alliance and trackIR?

kyleg

X-wing Alliance and trackIR?

Post by kyleg »

I would like to put my vote in to see support for X-wing Alliance. It appears star wars galaxies is the only starwars game out there. I am actually surprised by this more so in the FPS shooter department but I use the mouse for those momements so not to big a deal... but it would be nice to see a few FPS. It looks like this may be harder to add to older FPS after reading the halflife2 threads but would be great if you could make it happen....anyway back to X-wing. Alliance is the best and last in the series of these great simulator games by lucusarts and TrackIR would be welcomed in this game for more then any other in my opinion. On a side note X-wing Allia. is on older title but still has a loyal current following including constant updates, new models, mission edits etc. One only needs to google it to see how it is still going strong. hopefully this will be taken into consideration.
warrenEBB

Re: X-wing Alliance and trackIR?

Post by warrenEBB »

Agreed, it would be awesome to get support in (if the cockpits are able to support it. Pre 2000, most flight sim cockpits were not 3D. they were using a 2D image taken from 3D perpective, or just art, so looking around is often a big problem with older flight sims).

but.
would be awesome.
Can you recommend a particular site/forum or mod team to discuss this with?
DTM

Post by DTM »

Hi, this is my first poste here (I buyed TrackIR only one month ago...it's a brilliant teachnology!!!)

I was searching for some informations about TrackIR and X-wing in the web and I've just found this recent threed:

I'm a member of the "X-Wing Alliance Upgrade project" team, a fan mod team to redo most of the original crafts present in the game
http://www.xwaupgrade.com/

XWA is an old game, but the players' comunity is still active. As you can see from the XWAUP forum there are lot of mod projects still active, like the Clone Wars Project, the XWA expansion and other. Up today a very large number of new crafts have been created for XWA.

I developed more than 20 new ships, cockpits and new scenarios, all present at my web site www.mtdindustries.com/xwa

I confirm that XWA uses 3D cockpits, like other more recent flightsims, so it would be easy to support it with the trackIR device. For any question please contact me!
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

Very cool,
I just sent you an email, DTM.

I hope we can get this classic game TrackIR enhanced!
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

XWA is one major reason I purchased TIR4.

My plan was to use the mouse emulator for this game but if theres a chance to get more control then I'm all for it!

Add my vote to TIR enhancing this classic game!