Battlefield 2 and 2142

Post by ny_chief »

Guys
Would love to be able to use TIR4 in the Battlefield series from EA games
warrenEBB

Re: Battlefield 2 and 2142

Post by warrenEBB »

So would we, NY_ATM.
But the developers have basically officially passed as this point.

So we are looking into how we can best share an unofficial mod that someone made which enables TrackIR usage in single player (even though we know everyone would want it for multiplayer). We've been on the fence for a while now as to whether this would even be worth it (as we would hope to avoid being a tease).

More in this in the next month or so, hopefully.
Calibre

Post by Calibre »

Oh snap!! i've just posted in the old BF2 thread!

Would you consider letting the Reality mod for BF2 use it? that way it wouldn't allow percieved unfair advantage on BF2 "ranked" servers? i'm sure the Reality devs would accomodate you as it would add an incredible level of immersion into the mod.

www.realitymod.com
Draco

Post by Draco »

So how would we set up the TRackir 4 pro for BF2 or 2142 as these peeps have seemed to have done it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVlM8E-Gxuw
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

They are using the mouse emulation application.

5.6.1 Overview
The TrackIR software has been optimized to provide you with the best experience possible, it gives you a simple, yet powerful and highly customizable way to use TrackIR device for in-game view control. Some games however, do not have TrackIR support built in and this is where mouse emulation can be used.

The TIRMouse program provides very basic features and partially relies upon the main TrackIR software application to provide additional customization capability. This program allows you to use the TrackIR in a game that is not TrackIR enhanced.

You can select any of the TrackIR 6DOF axes to control the X and Y mouse emulation movement.
You can enable auto panning for the X mouse movement which will continuously send mouse movement commands while in the auto-pan range.

5.6.2 Main Window

X Axis
You can assign various axes used by the TrackIR here. By default this is normally 'Yaw'.

Y Axis
You can assign various axes used by the TrackIR here. By default this is normally 'Pitch'.

X Axis Auto Panning
When in the auto-panning zone it will continuously send movement commands. This allows a person to turn slightly and have the view keep moving. A good example would be in strategy games in which you move the cursor to the edge of the screen and the movement keeps panning in that direction until you move away from the edge.

5.6.3 Using Mouse Emulation in Games

The basics are as follows:

Load the TrackIR software.
Load the TIRMouse.EXE file that is located in your TrackIR installation folder. C:\Program Files\NaturalPoint\TrackIR for example.
Load the game you wish to use and be sure to have the mouse look option enabled within the game.
With mouse look turned on you should be able to use the TrackIR now.

NOTE: Some games may not have a mouse look option!
Calibre

Post by Calibre »

Theres more going on in that video than mouse emulation! I play BF2, well the Reality mod, all the time, and when you use mouse emulation, when flying and using trackIR with mouse look, to see around the cockpit, you lose control of the Jet and it fly's in a straight line. That is not happening in the video, also the way he can duck down behind the dash of the jeep, look over the top of the dash on the boat, or looks closely at the dash in the SU29 is not using mouse emulation left,right,up,down!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nElijjwP2L0

Anyways folk at reality are interested in any developments!

http://realitymod.com/forum/showthread. ... post408392

EDIT - i'm so gutted, i've just seen the post that explains about 6DOF not working with Punkbuster, i'm so gutted tbh, what a shame..
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Different videos - one is using a tech demo, with 6 DOF, the other is using mouse emulation.......
scortech

Post by scortech »

It would be awesome to be able to have official support for TrackIR 4 pro in BF2. I am then thinking of when using choppers and jets.
Paton

Post by Paton »

So, it CAN be used instead of the mouse, using mouse emulation, to move around?

I can't really use a mouse, and want to use this instead, to look around/aim as I use a joystick to strafe.

thanks
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

You can use the mouse emulation, it would act like your mouse would normally.