Post by VincentG »

Hmmmmmm
ManassasMan

Re: HL2 Insurgency Mod

Post by ManassasMan »

Ok. Got it working now.
Blue light and all.
Saw the fix on the ins boards.
Can confirm that it does work. However, you can lean with it at this time (don't know if you were supposed to with this mod though).
SWEEEEET!
Osteo

Post by Osteo »

I can confirm that TrackIR works (as I'm the one who posted the config file tweak), but it doesn't work correctly. Here's a copy of the info I posted on the INS thread:

Ok, I changed the config files to get the TrackIR to work (http://forums.insmod.net/index.php?showtopic=5866), and it works in all three degrees of freedom (yaw, pitch, and roll), but the roll doesn't seem to work properly. It should act as lean (I think) and the screen does tilt, but the weapon view stays upright like you're tilting your head but not leaning.

I did compare with and without the TrackIR config mod and when using the lean keys (which get disabled if you turn on TrackIR) it is correct without TrackIR but not with....

Hopefully someone from Naturalpoint (Vince?) will help me out as I love TrackIR but its nearly useless unless we get the lean working. I actually would prefer using the X axis for lean as its what I have setup for ArmA as using the roll seemed to get me a bit dizzy but I'm willing to get used to it if it will work...

P.S. Not posted in the INS thread... The reason I would prefer to use the X axis is that the screen tilts when in the lean mode, add that your head is now tilted with the roll, and I get a bit dizzy... If we could use the X axis it should eliminate the double tilting...
ManassasMan

Post by ManassasMan »

Yup.
Props to Osteo for the fix to get it working.
Yours in the post in the ins forums that I used.
Thanks bro.
Osteo

Post by Osteo »

Glad it worked for you, Manassas, but does you lean work correctly? I can look from side to side and up and down, but the lean just isn't right. Also my lean keys get disabled with I turn on the TrackIR, do yours?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

The lean is designed to move the head, not the weapon....

It is reproducing the movement that your head makes when you "roll" your head to the left/right.
ManassasMan

Post by ManassasMan »

Osteo,
No lean for me either. Mine is doing the EXACT same as yours.
Would be nice to lean around the corners with TrackIR.
And yes, lean keys disabled when using TrackIR.
Osteo

Post by Osteo »

Ok, Vincent, as this really isn't a TrackIR problem, I guess we have to go for the mod makers themselves, but does it make sense to use the roll axis just to tilt your head?

Also having the lean disabled when using TrackIR hopefully is an oversight and makes the TrackIR mostly useless for me as for infantry combat the lean (fluid lean actually as you could just peek out a bit, not the full on lean as done by the buttons) was the important thing (while free look is great for vehicles IMHO)...

As you probably already know, the way ArmA does it is wonderful and Dyslexi and his vids are a great sales tool!

Thanks for your input and settling this issue.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Will do a little more research, and run it by the developer relations team as well.....
Osteo

Post by Osteo »

Thanks, Vincent, I really appreciate it (and I love your product, too). I sold one for ya' to a buddy of mine; once he saw it work he immediately bought one! Do I get a commision?