Wireless TrackClip Pro/Voltage Requirements

shortspecialbus

Wireless TrackClip Pro/Voltage Requirements

Post by shortspecialbus »

Hello,

I have some very naughty kittens that absolutely love to jump up on my lap and chew through the trackclip pro wire. As I'm sick of soldering the wire and they're lightning quick to the point where I can't keep them away from it fast enough, I was thinking about making a wireless mod for it. What would the voltage requirements be for me to do this, if that's not top secret information key to your business model?

Also, if you plan to make a wireless version available for purchase, I suppose I could wait for that instead.

Thanks!

-stefan
GoNz0

Re: Wireless TrackClip Pro/Voltage Requirements

Post by GoNz0 »

USB power is 5v, maybe one of the ipod style usb mobile chargers would suit your needs, im sure 4.5v would run fine if you opt for small rechargables and make your own headset?
shortspecialbus

The idea I was toying around with was a 9v battery casing hooked up with a voltage drop, all clipped to the headset somewhere. I was more curious as to if there was circutry in the USB end that set something different up.

-stefan
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

You can make it battery powered quite easily, just cut the cord or solder something to the clip part, very low power, like 16ma, so a watch battery could last for 24 hours. Longer if you wired in a switch as well....
shortspecialbus

a new watch battery every 24 hours of flying would get expensive, heh. Would a single AA battery provide enough voltage/current, and any idea what the life would be for that?

-stefan
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Yep, thst would be adequate -

Adding a small on/off switch would also add to the life of the batteries as well.
steppie

Post by steppie »

You can buy at any good electronic store a battery pack with a USB connection that holds 4 AA battery and cost about $10 AUS.This will give you 4.8 Volts and if you us every day for 6 hours will last for 6 to 8 months and have found it works well.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Good tip.....