@NaturalPoint: Suggestion for new enhanced game

wenkman

@NaturalPoint: Suggestion for new enhanced game

Post by wenkman »

Ok, I know, if I say "Crimson Skies" there will be a lot of people saying: "this is not a sim!" Ok, then let's call it game.

Fact is, it is fun to fly AND it needs TrackIR!

It is a sim/game which depends on situational awareness like in all WWI and WWII sims.

Please, is there any chance to use TrackIR in Microsoft's Crimson Skies (PC version)!?
VincentG

Re: @NaturalPoint: Suggestion for new enhanced game

Post by VincentG »

Are we talking about the gaming application that came out in 2000?
wenkman

Post by wenkman »

Indeed, yes. I know, I know, but hey get a copy and have a look before you say "it's too old". The graphics are good and what is most - and that is the point - it is a real dogfight sim. You definetely NEED - from my point of view - TrackIR, which I already found very useful in other sims.

Maybe you can make it possible. I am quite sure there are others like me out there who would join if you can give it to us.

Thanks a lot
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

I will run it by the developer relations team......
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

Ahoy guys,
The trick with Crimson Skies support is : How?
Getting the developers to release a new patch is highly unlikely since Zipper Interactive was acquired by Sony (and has only made SOCOM games for the last 5 years), and Microsoft appears to have dropped supporting the game (officially stating it won't work in XP for example. I guess just so they won't have to support it, i hear you can get it to work if XP is patched up to date.)

At this point, TrackIR Support will probably only happen through some form of community mod. If you know of a good group working on such things, please do let us know.

We agree that it was and is a great combat flight sim title, and we'll do our best to get TrackIR in there somehow.
wenkman

Post by wenkman »

[quote=NaturalPoint-Warren]
At this point, TrackIR Support will probably only happen through some form of community mod. If you know of a good group working on such things, please do let us know.[/quote]

All modders out there please help us to get this thing working !!! If it runs on XP - it does - then it should be possible to run TrackIR !!!

[quote=NaturalPoint-Warren]We agree that it was and is a great combat flight sim title, and we'll do our best to get TrackIR in there somehow. [/quote]

Thank you so far for your help, your support is as great as ever !!!