Recenter using wheel

Tailhappy

Recenter using wheel

Post by Tailhappy »

It appears that only keys on the keyboard are valid for assigning to the Pause/Recenter/Precision functions. It would be MUCH more convenient if it were possible to assign these to buttons on steering wheels also, such as for the Driving Force Pro wheel, for use in games such as LiveForSpeed.

Thanks!
THM655321

Re: Recenter using wheel

Post by THM655321 »

Just use a program such as Joytokey or Total Game Control to map a keystroke to your wheel button. I use Total Game Control myself, but you have to pay for that one.
Tailhappy

Post by Tailhappy »

Thanks for the tip. It still would be nice if that functionality were built into the TrackIR software, at the minimum so that I don't have another app eating up additional memory and CPU cycles. In the meantime I'll check out those other solutions, though. Thanks!
THM655321

Post by THM655321 »

I agree entirely re: TrackIR software mapping to buttons. If the TrackIR software had the functionality to simulate keystrokes and joystick buttons/axis that would be fantastic as well and make the product infinately more useful (although it is great out of the box, don't get me wrong).
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Actually, you do have the ability to assign hotkeys to other buttons, besides the default one.

I usually assign the center key, to something on my joystick, or wheel, depending on the gaming application I am using.......

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/06- ... index.html

The TrackIR software allows the user to re-map keys from their keyboard and assign them to perform important actions in the TrackIR software. Our software allows you to select the key used to perform these actions, as well as turning the hotkey on or off, and other features. In order to change the settings for a hotkey, open the Hotkeys tab of the Edit Profile window, there is a list of all the available hotkeys and their settings. For more information about the specific hotkey settings, please see Section 5.5.6.4

Note : When a hotkey is enabled and the Trap setting is checked, the keyboard key assigned to that hotkey action will not be available to any other windows program. If you wish for that keyboard key to be used by other programs, you will need to either re-assign the hotkey to a new keyboard key or disable the Trap setting for it (which means that the key will still perform the hotkey action but will be then passed on to other windows programs).

Note : These settings are stored on a per-profile basis. To change hotkey settings you must have a profile open for edit. For details on how to edit a profile. please see Section 5.3.3
THM655321

Post by THM655321 »

Hey, it works! Buttons for wheel assigned to Hotkeys through TrackIR. Thanks for that.
Tailhappy

Post by Tailhappy »

That's odd, that's what I had tried to do, but when I go to set the hotkey, it never recognizes that I'm pressing anything on the wheel. It seemed to only recognize keyboard input. I'll try again, but do you happen to know if this should work for the Logitech Driving Force Pro?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

It should, unless it has it's own software that is preventing it from detecting properly in our software.
Tailhappy

Post by Tailhappy »

Interesting! Last night I went back to see if I could assign the wheel buttons, and it turns out that it doesn't recognize the directional pad on the Driving Force Pro (which is what I had originally tried to assign them to and then thought it wouldn't work at all), but the other buttons do work. Thanks for your help, guys!
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

no issues, glad to help out.