About calibration #2

jhjeon82

About calibration #2

Post by jhjeon82 »

Hi,

I still have some questions. I use 12 V100 cameras, 6 tripods, sync cables.

Vincent said:

If you set the calibration to Slow, it will collect more frames, but you also need to set the Calculated Point to be higher, like 500 or 1000.
-> In calibration option, there are "Very Fast(Less Accurate)", "Fast", "Medium", "High(More Accurate)". And I always select "High". "High" would let me collect more frames than "Very Fast", but it was not enough for the calculation. The calculation process mostly said "only xx points survived, not enough for selfcalibration". You mean I can set the number of points 500 or 1000? I don't know where I can find the option. I also saw the calibration video online, but the application version seems to be different from the recent version. In the video, he could wave the wand as much as he wants, but I cannot because the calibration process ends so quickly. This is the point I want to say. If I can do like in the video, there would be no problem. But I cannot. If there is a way, please let me know. I failed so many times in calibrating. 6 cameras case is easy, but 12 cameras case is too challenging.

Block setting is in the Calibration Setup Wizard, it is defaulted to 10x10 (I think) and 15x15 should work better for you, or even up to 20x20, just to be sure for this test.
-> Where is the block setting? I can just see options for 3D visualization and 3D viewport Navigation when I click the option button in the Calibration Tool.

Thank you!
VincentG

Re: About calibration #2

Post by VincentG »

Are you using the Point Cloud calibration tool, or the Calibration tool from within the Arena software?
jhjeon82

Post by jhjeon82 »

I'm using the Point Cloud Calibration Tool.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Do you have the Arena software?
jhjeon82

Post by jhjeon82 »

No. I'm just using Point Cloud and Rigid Body Toolkit.
beckdo

Post by beckdo »

Jhj, to get more samples making it through validation you need to have more cameras see the wand simultaneously. Do you have a problem with obstacles in your capture volume?