Where do I sign! But first...

RSJeff

Where do I sign! But first...

Post by RSJeff »

Congratulations... you guys seem to have a really great product that's receiving much enthusiasm, particularly from the flightsim community (which is where I first heard of it). I'm very interested in making a purchase, but first I wanted to ask about one of your threads where you mention that there will be some "major" and "exciting" hardware changes after the 2.0 version software is released in Q1 2003. Since that should be soon, I wanted to find out (1) what's the latest on when that will be and what are those hardware changes (i.e. should I wait to make my purchase)... (2) will there be a price increase, and (3) you may not know the answer to this but will the new hardware be available from resellers like EDimensional right away (since I already own their glasses and would get a discount). And one last small question...when TrackIR is engaged, are there four red LED lights on at all times on the sensor above your monitor? Are they blinking or flashing? Thanks alot...I wouldn't take up your time if I weren't interested in spending my money on your product!
gaming247

Re: Where do I sign! But first...

Post by gaming247 »

to your last question...
The leds are always on. But u won�t recognize em, because IR light isn�t visible to the human eye.
There is also an option in the software to turn them off. e.g when u are using an active IR Led as dot.

There is also a green led that indicates that your dot is being tracked.

[ January 22, 2003, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: gaming247 ]
Beast

Post by Beast »

quote:Originally posted by Betablocker:
...I'm very interested in making a purchase, but first I wanted to ask about one of your threads where you mention that there will be some "major" and "exciting" hardware changes after the 2.0 version software is released in Q1 2003. Since that should be soon, I wanted to find out (1) what's the latest on when that will be and what are those hardware changes (i.e. should I wait to make my purchase)... (2) will there be a price increase...[/QB]I'm in the same position, except I have ordered my Track IR GX already! As fate would have it, the Aussie supplier I ordered through is having trouble getting the units and I won't have it for a few weeks yet.

What I would like to know, is what hardware varients exist out there already, and what is to come in the near future. I want to make sure I get the latest, for obvious reasons

Thanks for your time!
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

Good questions about the new upgrade to 2.0. I would ask the same ones.

2.0 software will be a huge change from the current setup, but will be a free upgrade to all trackIR owners. There will be no price change. The hardware is basically the same as the past few months, we are only making small changes to the units as they mature, nothing radical, that would be a new product! You should be able to get the new unit right away from our resellers, but it will probably ship with older software as they will want to sell through existing inventory. I wouldn't care though, as you can just download the new software from our site.

The plan is to go to Beta release by next Monday. Final release sometime in February. Don't want to build too much anticipation, but I can't wait to read the boards after it is released and see what users think of the new interface.
RSJeff

Post by RSJeff »

You really are quick to respond! Thanks for the info....guess I can feel alright about making a purchase sooner than later. You guys at NaturalPoint are probably thrilled to hear about TrackIR being on back order in Australia, but personally I'd rather get mine ordered before that happens stateside!
Beast

Post by Beast »

quote:Originally posted by Jim Richardson:
2.0 software will be a huge change from the current setup, but will be a free upgrade to all trackIR owners. There will be no price change. The hardware is basically the same as the past few months, we are only making small changes to the units as they mature, nothing radical, that would be a new product! You should be able to get the new unit right away from our resellers, but it will probably ship with older software as they will want to sell through existing inventory.Great news about 2.0, it's fantastic to see you developing this product so much. As an avid IL-2 simmer, I can't wait to see how well things evolve over the comming year, particularly with FB and .DLL support.

I notice in another thread you said "Yes and no, the new lens on the system is fairly wide angle, about 35 degrees, that happend on all systems with a serial # greater than 5000, FYI."

Could you clarify which changes occurred with which serials? That way I can specify to the vendor which serial or later I am after, obviously the wider angle lens is one I am keen to get, but is there a definative list of the changes you have made so far? Are all the new units made of translucent plastic for instance?

Thanks again for your time,

Beast

[ January 23, 2003, 12:48 AM: Message edited by: Beast ]
gaming247

Post by gaming247 »

quote: The plan is to go to Beta release by next Monday. Final release sometime in February. that�t some great news. Can�t wait to test it out.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

We have an internal list of all the changes made over the past 18 month of the trackIR, but we don't release that data, mainly because it doesn't effect the funtionallity of the device, only how it is made.

We sell through all units as they are made, so you are going to get a very new one as there is only about 2 weeks of inventory in the chanel. All new units have the clear case and new lens, it is the most up to date there is, agian though, not too different from previous generations.