About sample applications

jhjeon82

About sample applications

Post by jhjeon82 »

Hi,

Possibly these could be very basic or silly questions.

I tried to execute "Rigid Body Toolkit Samples" online.(http://media.naturalpoint.com/software/ ... Sample.zip)

But it didn't work properly. So I tried "Point Cloud Non-COM C++ Sample" online, and it worked. (http://media.naturalpoint.com/software/ ... Sample.zip)

And I have no problems in using "Rigid Body Tool" provided originally.

Belows are the problems I have experienced. (I'm using Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition in Windows Vista.)

1. In the debug mode, RB_LoadDefinition() always fails. But it works when I just execute the .exe outside the Visual Studio. In case of the "Point Cloud Non-COM C++ Sample", it also didn't work properly in the debug mode and worked in the execution of the .exe.

2. RB_LoadProfile() doesn't seem to work properly or there are some bugs in treating error message because it says "success" even when I use a invalid filename.

3. RB_StartCameras() says "success", but I'm not sure because the next function RB_GetLatestFrame() fails. According to the error message, it says "invalid license". So I checked RB_CameraCount(), and the camera count was 0. (But there was no license problem and camera starting problem in case of the "Point Cloud Non-COM C++ Sample".)

#3 is the biggest problem.
I compiled both "Rigid Body Toolkit Samples" and "Point Cloud Non-COM C++ Sample" in the "samples" subfolder. But one works and the other doesn't work properly. Do I need to check something I might have missed?

Thank you,
hpcv

Re: About sample applications

Post by hpcv »

As to #3, I have exactly the same problem. I e-mailed back and forth with the NaturalPoint people; they sent me a new license file that I just tested, but it didn't help. Now I'm waiting for them to wake up on the other side of the big pond and reply :)

I hadn't looked at the output of RB_CameraCount() yet, but I just did and get 0 just as you do.

I checked with CreateFile() that the files I load with RB_LoadProfile() and RB_LoadDefinition() exist; they do.

Edit: I can reproduce #2 as well. Just throw a nonexisting file name at RB_LoadProfile() and it still returns success.
beckdo

Post by beckdo »

Hey guys, thanks for the additional info. I know we've been working on this prior to today without success. Lets see if we can get this resolved today. I will follow-up with you guys via email. Hopefully with some fixes.
jhjeon82

Post by jhjeon82 »

Okay.
Let me know and get the changes if somethings are fixed.

Thanks,
beckdo

Post by beckdo »

For other people that might be having the same issue, this problem was resolved by installing the latest OptiTrack SDK and latest Tracking Toolkit.