TIR Loses ability to Centre and other stuff

Bazajin

TIR Loses ability to Centre and other stuff

Post by Bazajin »

I fly Battle of Britain II and sometimes after completing a mission and starting another I find I have lost the ability to centre TIR from the hotkey. I have to quit BOB and when I go into TIR profile to check the hotkey it doesn't work from there either. I've tried re-assigning the hotkey but I get Alt or Alt-Ctrl added to the key I choose. I have to quit and restart TIR to get it to function again.

Also, occasionally, when I go into my BoB profile before I start playing, to check the hotkey functionality, when I click on OK the program stops working and I get a Windows error message.

Barry

ASUS P5N32-E-SLI, Intel Core2 Extreme QX6850 (3GHz, 1333MHz FSB), NVIDIA 8800 Ultra 768MB x2 SLI, 2GB RAM PC6400 DDR2/800, Vista, DirectX 10, TIR4 Pro+6DoF, modified MSFF2, Saitek throttle quadrant and pedals, Dell 30" monitor (2560x1600@60 hz)
VincentG

Re: TIR Loses ability to Centre and other stuff

Post by VincentG »

Any keyboard software running?

Plugged directly into the system, or using a hub?
Bazajin

Post by Bazajin »

Sorry for the delay in responding - I've been away.

I have a Saitek Gamers Keyboard and have drivers for it and Saitek profiling software for the keypad running when I'm in the flight sim. I use one of the keypad keys for centering.

The TIR is plugged into a USB hub.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

It could be the Saitek software not releasing the resources for the keypad itself.
Bazajin

Post by Bazajin »

Any suggestions about what I can do?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Have you tried running the gaming application without the Saitek software running in the background?
Bazajin

Post by Bazajin »

Looks like you're right about the Saitek software; I disabled it via TaskManager and flew 6/7 consecutive missions in the sim without any problems.

Is there a solution to this, Vincent, or do I have to choose between TIR and the programmability of my Saitek peripherals?

By the way, once we reach a conclusion I'll report the outcome over on the BoBII forum for others' information.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Try starting the TrackIR softwsre first, then starting the Saitek software.