CFS3 - TrackIR 4 Pro - Vista

R-Murphy

CFS3 - TrackIR 4 Pro - Vista

Post by R-Murphy »

Hi

I've been looking around the Naturalpoint forums trying to find the answer for my problem, but can't seem to find it.

I just got a new laptop:
Asus F3SR
ATI mobility Radeon HD2400
2GB RAM
Vista Home Premium

Recently I put CFS3 onto it. However, when i come to use TrackIR with it, nothing seems to happen. The green light remains on (indicating detected vector clip) and the 4 little IR lights also remain on, but no blue light suggesting it has detected the game.

I checked out the Naturalpoint website, under the CFS3 section, and I see a note there saying that there are problems with TrackIR under Vista for CFS3. However that was posted there in August last year, and it stated that it would hopefully be resolved shortly.

Have I missed some sort of update for the TrackIR software??

Thanks

R-Murphy

P.S. I am using the latest version of the TrackIR software
VincentG

Re: CFS3 - TrackIR 4 Pro - Vista

Post by VincentG »

Nope, currently there is still issues with CFS3, and Windows Vista.
Cas141

Post by Cas141 »

Vincent. S!

I have used Trackir since trackir 1. I consider it to be the best
aid to flight simming ever. And i have urged countless simmers to buy it.

But now i am very concerned about this business with Vista.
My favourite flight sims are OFF and the other CFS3 add ons.
A new OFF approaches and it seems beneficial to upgrade my PC.
However, in the UK, it will be difficult to buy a PC without it having Vista loaded ( and with only a recovery disk supplied, thus making dual booting with XP not easily,if at all, possible. Added to which obtaining a XP OS disc is also difficult )

So, you can see the dilemma. Upgrade your PC in UK and you cannot use Trackir in CFS3 sims.
Surely the solution is at your end? How come trackir works with Vista in other sims and cannot in CFS3?
If nothing is done about this a lot of future trackir sales and goodwill is going to be lost, I fear.
As to saying there are still issues, I think that is a very bare answer. Can you not say if anything will/can be done by trackir ?
The table of Enhanced games page gives the impression that CFS3 sims have trackir support. (by implication on latest OS ).
How many like Mr Murphy are finding that this isn't so.?

Really hope that you guys can help on this.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

It is something we are looking into. Part of it is that our TrackIR code is not built directly into CFS3. It is having to access some system memory(partially) to actually modify the view. Unfortunately the way the OS treats this information, as well as folder permission access had been highly modified between XP and Vista. We are actively working on it, and it is something that I want remedied, but it has been a slow process.
MajorMagee

Post by MajorMagee »

Well that's at least some news. There are more of us patiently waiting out here than you may think. :(
Cas141

Post by Cas141 »

[quote=MajorMagee]Well that's at least some news. There are more of us patiently waiting out here than you may think. :( [/quote]

Vincent - Good point. Hope you guys appreciate that. A lot of us have been very loyal to trackir. Time to remember us and put us higher on the "To Do " list,please.
MajorMagee

Post by MajorMagee »

I just installed Vista SP1 with high hopes that it may make a difference. Sorry, no joy here. :(
daHeld

Post by daHeld »

The thing is that if you've used TIR just once, you'll never play a flight sim without it again. It's really great.
Thus, it's actually very sad not to be able to use it with the really good CFS3-mods like MAW, OFF or PTO...
They are just no fun without TIR.

So PLEASE come up with a solution.
A lot of people would appreciate it very much.
Steven190

Post by Steven190 »

I want to add to this concern. I too have a Vista machine and fly CFS3 a lot. Very dissappointed that the Pro Clip and TIR4 do not work in this application.
I hope that htere is a cure and look forward to using the TIR in CFS3 again.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

I wish I had more news to update with, but currently I do not..............