New user with a question

Cess-Lorak

New user with a question

Post by Cess-Lorak »

First,

Let me say that I have just started using your product.. A whole 4 hours now :-)

I love it! great job guys!

I have had no problems at all in using it.. but I have noticed something and was wondering if it is normal.

When the Track IR software is running. None of the keys on the keyboard,that are assigned to hot keys in the software will work.

For example.. I have the shift key as the scroll hot key.

Now wheather or not the track IR is paused or not, I can't use my shift key for anything.

So I have to close the software to type anything if I want capital letters, or any uppercase letters or symbols at all.

Is this normal? And if it is.. can I blank out stuff in the hot key section? Since I won't be using scroll in games at all.

Thanks again
Cess-Lorak
Hotdognz

Re: New user with a question

Post by Hotdognz »

Hi there, I belive the TIR sofwear has some preety good hooks in it that take total control of the keys it has assigned or you have assigned as Hotkeys, to enable those keys again for use you need to close the TIR softwear down again.
Cess-Lorak

Post by Cess-Lorak »

Doh.. I feel like an idiot.

By clicking the grey dots beside the hot keys I Can turn them on or off. So I can turn off the ones I don't use.

Thanks for the reply though..

So now.. I am even more happy! I freaking love this thing!

Now I just have to learn to actualy fly...

Lorak
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

Hey Bud. The solution should be coming soon. Ive heard rumor from the big dog that they are going to try and get hot key pass thru in future versions of the software. Basically, when TIR is unpaused, all the hotkeys are hotkeys. But as soon as you pause TrackIR, all your hot keys go back to their normal function EXCEPT the pause/unpause key.

One solution to this problem.... in IL-2, I have the keypad / * - + for my hotkeys. The game does not use these and they work perfectly fine. The TrackIR software does recignize the difference between the key pad + - keys and the - =. So your safe to use those. I do not think many games use the /*-+ on the keypad.... so they are pretty universal.