TrackIR Support - List of Requested Games

Seth Steiling

Re: TrackIR Support - List of Requested Games

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=rodier]Jumpgate Evolution
- spacesim MMORPG, real 3D, control with mouse/joystick.. something like freelancer. Its sequel..first was Jumpgate. It has part support (its in your game list).

url http://www.jumpgateevolution.com/
http://www.jumpgateevolution.com/contact_us.php
+ they have cool IRC channel on stratics network where developers talk with people DIRECTLY :)

Closed beta start soon. message from one of developers when I ask on trackIR4:

[02:50] i believe we plan on implementing trackIR support
[02:54] JGC already supports TrackIR in a limited way :)

so I smell good situation here ;) [/quote]

Your sense of smell is serving you well. ;) We're slated for TrackIR Enhancement when it releases.

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/03- ... ution.html
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
NavyAICS

TrackIR for X3 series?

Post by NavyAICS »

Hi all! I'm new to the forum and heard about you from a friend at "Goffik's Realm".

I was wondering how would a game like X3: Reunion or X3: Terran Conflict (release date: Sept '08) could get added to the list of games that supports TrackIR? Does the game need to have a fan base large enough to do it? Any info would be great.
-NavyAICS.
Seth Steiling

Re: TrackIR for X3 series?

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=NavyAICS]Hi all! I'm new to the forum and heard about you from a friend at "Goffik's Realm".

I was wondering how would a game like X3: Reunion or X3: Terran Conflict (release date: Sept '08) could get added to the list of games that supports TrackIR? Does the game need to have a fan base large enough to do it? Any info would be great.
-NavyAICS. [/quote]

From our standpoint, we're usually open to implementation in most games, even if the fan base isn't that big. Usually the issue is convincing the developer and publisher to incorporate TrackIR Enhancement. Whenever a fan expresses interest in a game, I encourage them to get involved. Believe it or not, developers often do listen to their fans, so if you ask them about getting TrackIR supported in their title, often times they will actually look into it. Of course, we're always looking for new titles to add to what we already offer. If you're anxious to get TrackIR into a game, you can be pretty sure that we're already pursuing it. :)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
welkyn

Post by welkyn »

Hi... just wondering if anything is happening with DDO. Even with large wide-display LCD, this game requires the players to look closely all around your surrounding for traps and other dangers. One of the few games that allow you to fall off of practically anywhere so it'd be nice if I can see where my feet are.

BTW, can anyone point me to directions for using TrackIR with Open Falcon 4.5 for Falcon 4.0?

Been away for a bit but would like to start up again.

P.S. I use the TrackIR 4 Pro.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

For forum help with Falcon, I might look towards SimHQ, and Frugal's World for more info...........
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=Welkyn]Hi... just wondering if anything is happening with DDO. Even with large wide-display LCD, this game requires the players to look closely all around your surrounding for traps and other dangers. One of the few games that allow you to fall off of practically anywhere so it'd be nice if I can see where my feet are.

BTW, can anyone point me to directions for using TrackIR with Open Falcon 4.5 for Falcon 4.0?

Been away for a bit but would like to start up again.

P.S. I use the TrackIR 4 Pro. [/quote]
I've got a request for implementation in to Turbine, and I'm awaiting a reply.

Raising a friendly ruckus on the DDO forums never hurt anybody. ;)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
welkyn

Post by welkyn »

Just posted a request for TrackIR support at the DDO Development Discussions.

I'm not sure how much ruckus I can raise but let's hope for the best.

Thanks guys, for your efforts.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=Welkyn]Just posted a request for TrackIR support at the DDO Development Discussions.

I'm not sure how much ruckus I can raise but let's hope for the best.

Thanks guys, for your efforts. [/quote]

I noticed your post on their forums. I'll update the thread if I hear good news from them. :)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
SileNceR

Post by SileNceR »

I would like to request Fallout 3.

The major reason that I believe you could convince Bethesda to implement this into Fallout 3 is because the game is all about choices and really being focused on the player throughout the story and game; therefore I believe that enhancing this game for TrackIR would really just add to this experience, giving the player even more control of what happens and how the game is played.

This game is currently ranked at a 94 on Meta Critic.
Meta Critic Fallout 3 Reviews and is available from Steam as well, this means that their is a lot of possibility to introduce TrackIR to a lot more people.

Another Game/Series that I believe would benefit greatly with TrackIR is RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum. The main reason being that one of the major annoyances that I have, and am sure many who have this game have too, is that the camera is to much of a hassle at times, when you want to look a certain direction, straight down, or when you want to get a closer look at something your building or trying to edit. TrackIR would help eliminate all that! Another reason it would be a cool feature in such games like RollerCoaster Tycoon is to give you the added simulation when riding your rollercoasters, something I believe a lot of ppl who buy those games enjoy doing.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Thanks for the feedback, SileNcer. To date, Bethesda has had a very strict position on adding support for devices like TrackIR. Essentially, they refuse to do it. It is their perspective that incorporating support for any third party device could negatively impact the quality of their game, so they aren't willing to risk it... even with a device that has a proven track record like TrackIR. It's unfortunate, but they are pretty unflinching on this one. Wish I had better news for you! :)

As a four year old title, Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 isn't seriously supported by development resources any longer. Unless there is a strong modding community supporting an older title, there's usually nobody available at the developing company to insert the TrackIR code. I believe this is the case with RCT3.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack