Problems with IR Ultra and FSX

DoubleBounce

Problems with IR Ultra and FSX

Post by DoubleBounce »

I just received and installed my IR Ultra and have run into a problem.

1: I can't get the Track ClipPro to work right with either FS9 or X. I will continue to work on this and come back later.

2: I have got IR working using the Hat Clip and Vector Profile but when I bring up FSX I can no longer make eyepoint adjustments. This does not happen in FS9. The Instrument Panel is so close in FSX that I cannot see enough outside the cockpit to fly the aircraft without difficuly. I purchased this system to use with FSX and hope that I am just doing something wrong and it's not the software.

3: I am using FSX with SP1.

~~ Dale ~~
VincentG

Re: Problems with IR Ultra and FSX

Post by VincentG »

1 - Have you switched to TrackClip Pro, within the profiles, when using the TrackClip Pro. By default they are set to Vector, and need to be switched over.

2 - To adjust the cockpit center point, you will need to adjust the center view point within the aircraft, by adjusting the cfg file within FSX.
DoubleBounce

Post by DoubleBounce »

Thanks Vincent,

Yes I did switch the profile. My problem is with how unstable the setup is. Any bump to the TrackClip Pro sends the calibrations to hell. I like the TrackClip so I will devote the time necessary to correct this.

Cockpit Center Point: Do I need to make this adjustment in each Aircraft Cfg or can it be done globally. I like the TrackIR enough to set it up for each aircraft and will do it if I have to. I am just glad that I do not have to do it in FS9 where my collection of aircraft is extensive.

~~ Dale ~~
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Unfortunately within FSX, you need to do it for each aircraft.
DoubleBounce

Post by DoubleBounce »

That's OK, I tweek each aircraft anyway.

Vince, can FSX's Pan Frame Rate be adjusted like it can be in FS9. I have searched the FSX cfg file and cannot find the command.

~~ Dale ~~
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Don't know, never used that option myself