Loading Rigid Body Definition

Entrophos

Loading Rigid Body Definition

Post by Entrophos »

Hi,

I have a problem when loading capture data from a rigid body with the Optitrack Rigid Body Tool and I would thank to anyone who could give me a clue of how to solve it:

When I load capture data and a Rigid Body definition I just see the point cloud data on the 3D Viewport but not the numerical data of the rigid body itself (quaternions, position, heading, etc). Neither are the usual representation of the rigid body as connecting lines of the markers displayed. Just the white dots of the markers. I have tried to redefine the rigid body with the markers of the loaded data or to change the order of the loading (first the data, then the rigid body definition or the other way around), but nothing works. The rigid body is not there. Interesting enough is the fact that the rigid body IS LOADED and displayed with all numerical data if the computer is not shut down between the recording of the data and the loading. However, once the computer has been shut down and restarted, the loading of the rigid body does not work. It seems that there must be some data in the RAM which are not properly saved and, once the computer is shut down, can not be recovered.

Some idea or help?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel
beckdo

Re: Loading Rigid Body Definition

Post by beckdo »

Hey Daniel,

When you have this problem try clicking Help->About. This should bring up the main licensing screen and just verify that the application is properly licensed. If the software is having problems licensing the Rigid Body Tracker, it will not track rigid bodies (although you can still see them in the list, etc).
Entrophos

Post by Entrophos »

Thank you, Doug,

I did not realized that it is necessary to be connected to the camera you have licensed the software for in order to activate the license!

Kind regards,

Daniel
opmeyer

Post by opmeyer »

Hi guys, I have a problem just like the one Entrophos described.

I just see the point cloud data on the 3D Viewport but not the numerical data of the rigid body itself (quaternions, position, heading, etc). Neither are the usual representation of the rigid body as connecting lines of the markers displayed. Just the white dots of the markers.

I have tried to redefine the rigid bodys , but nothing works. The rigid body is not there.

The same fact occurs that the rigid body IS LOADED and displayed with all numerical data if the computer is not shut down between the recording of the data and the loading. However, once the computer has been shut down and restarted, the loading of the rigid body does not work.

Did you solve the problem? I have some pre-recorded capture sessions and cannot see the rigid bodies are I define them.