Short cuts - Key combo

mbst

Short cuts - Key combo

Post by mbst »

With version 3.03 of the TrackIR software, I'm only able to define single key strokes as short cut keys for controlling my TrackIR2.

I'd like to assign key stroke combos as well. The reason for this is that then, there would be less chances of interference with the game controls.

Ie, SHIFT+CTRL+F9 in stead of F9, etc.

Best regards,
Martin

[ December 10, 2003, 08:08 AM: Message edited by: mbst ]
Fish44

Re: Short cuts - Key combo

Post by Fish44 »

Thanks you for your excellent product. Have just installed last week, and working fine in Falcon4.

I would however like to make a comment which might be considered in any future software version. Becasue Falcon uses so many diferent keys, and I suspect so does FS2002/4, I found mapping the TrackIR functional keys a problem. In mapping the necessary keys to the board, this effectively 'blocks' off those keys both single, and modal for any further keystrokes in the game. Potentially there are up to 6 keystrokes for each key lost when mapped to TrackIr, SHF, CTRL, ALT, ALT-SHF, CTRL-SHF etc.

Could you please allow key combinations to be programmed to these commands, so allowing the other combinations to be used concurrently with TRACKIr.

This has also been posted to the fourm

Thank you for listening.
Tocca

Re: Short cuts - Key combo

Post by Tocca »

It would be great to have the possibility to pick any key-combination for the Track-IR shortcuts.

I managed to solve the situation in FS2004, by reprogramming the ingame shortcuts (took some time, figuring out what keys where available, but it was doable).
But thinking about Falcon4 i get a shiver considering reconfiguring the keystrokes. Brrr!
Not just possible!
The only solution i can think of, using Track-IR together with Falcon4, is to turn of all the shortcut-functions in the Track-IR setup...

PS.
Seems like all we (i) do is ask for "more of this", "add this function", "please change this" and so on.
There are a few things i'd like fixed, and some things that could be improved but on the whole this is an outstanding product! Many thanks.

[ February 16, 2004, 05:54 AM: Message edited by: Tocca ]