Will Far Cry 2 be supported?

britrb

Will Far Cry 2 be supported?

Post by britrb »

Will there be TrackIR support for Far Cry 2?
Seth Steiling

Re: Will Far Cry 2 be supported?

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=britrb]Will there be TrackIR support for Far Cry 2? [/quote]
We're definitely pursuing it. As of yet, the developers have not been especially accessible. I'm still trying to run down the right person.

Feel free to lend your voice to the cause... ;)

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=frm& ... 1521068375
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
MrPix

Post by MrPix »

Any News on this Seth?

Kindest regards
mrpix
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

MrPix,

Technically... no. :)

I do have the ear of someone that's doing some internal work for me within Ubisoft on this, but I don't think he's the final decision maker. He's introduced the idea to the dev team, so I'm just waiting to hear back if they're interested in patching support in post-release.

FYI, I just played Far Cry 2 last night, and I think there are many inroads for us with some of the view control options they already have implemented. Right now, it comes down to two factors: whether the dev team will show interest, and whether their code base will be relatively open to our code. Until I have firm answers on those two elements, I won't have anything new to report.

Have you played the game? What are your overall impressions? Do you consider it a "high priority" target in your mind? (I.e. Do you *love* it?) I'm liking it quite a bit, personally. :)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
MrPix

Post by MrPix »

Hi Seth,

Thanks for your reply.

I usually play Racing Sims when I get the chance, but loved FarCry when it was first released so I just had to get FarCry 2 and I do like it a lot... apart from the fact that it has no TrackIR support, which in my opinion would make a great game fantastic... so yes... it would be a high priority target for TrackIR if I was in control of the magic directing wand!

TrackIR's sense of immersion in Racing Sims has brought me back to PC games and I think thats a good thing as I'm an old fart compared to most (43)... but my son has the kit too... I can't play a game without it once I have tried it!

Keep me posted if yuo don't mind... if theres a chance that it will be included in the first or second patch... I'd rather stop right now and wait to play it properly!

Kindest regards
MrPix
britrb

Post by britrb »

I do have to say that Far Cry 2 is an excellent game, but would be made even better with TrackIR. I do like the game, and dont really play it that much due to the "Neck Brace" syndrome.

If Natural Point are touting for business, may I suggest some sort of threat to get Ubisoft in line?

Have fun all,
Brian :)
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

I'll probably hold off on making threats. I'm not too sure what I would threaten them with, and we like to be on friendly terms with developers. :)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Regnar

Post by Regnar »

The game takes up too much of my time.. I like it that much. I have played it on all levels. IR support would be great.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Agreed. Unfortunately, they've been pretty unresponsive. We've tried several different angles, but so far, the right person at Ubi hasn't pulled the trigger.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
ashgray2

Post by ashgray2 »

Hopefully Far cry 2 will be supported by TrackIR.
This will be a good plugins for Far Cry 2.
Far Cry 2 will be more awesome in the long run.