Question about egonomics of the smartNav

Here you can talk about SmartNav and related products and issues not covered by other forums.
Birch

Re: Question about egonomics of the smartNav

Post by Birch »

Looks like the link didn't get translated when we upgraded the forums a couple years ago. I believe this is the thread Kevin was originally linking to :

http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubb ... 0#Post2620
Elizabeth

Re: Question about egonomics of the smartNav

Post by Elizabeth »

Tony,

Your concerns regarding neck strain are valid. However the majority of our customers find relief, rather than more pain, once they switch from a traditional mouse to SmartNav. The neck movement required to control SmartNav is minimal, only 1/4 inch for most tasks. It is important as a new SmartNav user to remember to relax. Also making sure your SmartNav software options (speed, smoothing, ect.) are set to be the most efficient for your use will be incredibly helpful.

This being said, each RSI condition is different and affects different muscle groups. I'm confident that if you try SmartNav, you will know within a week if it has the potential to cause you neck strain. Using SmartNav to add more variety to your computer use options is a great idea.

The eye tracking systems are significantly more expensive than SmartNav. I encourage you to try SmartNav before opting to spend that kind of money.