DAZ Studio Plugin

bsteagal

Re: DAZ Studio Plugin

Post by bsteagal »

Hi all!

The plugin works ok with with most DAZ characters, but not all. I work mostly with toon characters (since I do mostly kids stuff)
All the millennium based characters (m3,m4,v3,v4,aiko, aiko toon, hiro, hiro toon) work.. but none of the others

When I try to initialize the other ones it gives me the following error:

"unable to initialize character controls"

Here's the characters that don't work:

toon sam, toon boy dennis, jolly troll, DAZ troll, sadie, toon frog, toon mouse, just about any robot, etc.

the only difference these characters have is some don't have buttock bones or clavicles... is this probably why they cannot be initialized? Would there be some way to work in something into the plugin similar to what they do with bvh files that contain these bones but the end character doesn't? (in other words, that it would ignore the fact that these bones don't exist and drive whatever is there...)

Or is it a different issue?

I also noticed studio will crash just about every time if it is first connected to arena to load a character, stopped to load a different one, then connected again..

The plugin is great, if we could make it work with more characters it would be better..

thanks!
Bryan Steagall
Owner
Kidz Korner Studio
OptiTrack Distributor
Mexico, Central and South America
505-615-2410
bryan@kkstudio.us
www.kkstudio.us
tvining

Post by tvining »

Thanks, Yoshi. I experimented with increasing the XZ Translation, and it did improve the foot sliding a bit, but still not as good as with V4--the V4 model is solid.

I guess what I need is this Daz plugin written for V3, and for M3, for it to be truly useful for me. I imagine that the basic skeleton and how it works is similar to V4, and since you guys have already built a plugin for V4, the approach & process for creating plugins for V3 and M3 would be similar. So my question is: is there any way that I could get Arena plugin(s) to work specifically with V3 and M3?

Thanks--Tim
markdc

Post by markdc »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Yoshi]Mark,
I'm unable to play the video, do you have it in other format or can you describe your problem?
[/quote]

It's working ok for the characters that I use. I did notice the crash that Bryan describes above. Thanks.
tvining

Post by tvining »

Hi Mark,

Could you describe what you mean by "zeroed out the cr2" and how that helps?

Thanks--Tim
markdc

Post by markdc »

[quote=tvining]Hi Mark,

Could you describe what you mean by "zeroed out the cr2" and how that helps?

Thanks--Tim [/quote]

The problem I was seeing was the character was walking unnaturally (hunched down and on tip toes). I changed the default pose to not have any rotation on any joints and this made the character look more natural. Not sure if it will help the problem you're seeing.

To do this in Poser, I turned off ik for both legs, selected the hip, launched the joint parameters window, chose zero figure, and saved a new cr2.
tvining

Post by tvining »

Okay, thanks!--Tim