Windows Vista Install with USB Hardware Key

jacartaya

Windows Vista Install with USB Hardware Key

Post by jacartaya »

I am installing the Tracking Tools in a Vista Business SP1 (a Dell Vostro 200 with an Intel E2180 Dual @ 2GHz, 2GB RAM and enough hard drive space) machine. I have administration privileges.
  • Started with the OptiTrack base SDK 1.3.035
  • Followed by the VC 2005 Runtime, and the .NET 3.0 Runtime
  • Then the TrackingToolkits_1.3.035.B.Final

Everything was reasonably smooth (Vista complained a bit about .NET 3.0, but that's all).

Nevertheless, as soon as I inserted the USB Key Vista said it does not have drivers for it, and can not find them even if I point it to the C:\Program Files\NaturalPoint\Optitrack\Drivers folder.

Found no special information in the documentation, and no relevant topics in the forum. Suggestions?
Birch

Re: Windows Vista Install with USB Hardware Key

Post by Birch »

The USB Hardware Key is only compatible with the Tracking Tools version 2.0 (which have not been released yet) and Arena 1.4+. Please contact support@naturalpoint.com and we will see if can work something out for you.
jacartaya

Post by jacartaya »

Please then mention the compatibility issue in the OptiTrack website: it is essential in a purchase decision, specially if you are in a hurry to be up and running to start development (my case).

In the mean time I have also tried Windows XP SP3, with no complaints, and the same results.

In case it matters, these are Windows in Spanish: the destination folder for the OptiTrack drivers in Windows XP (perhaps in Vista as well) ends up being not "C:\Program Files\NaturalPoint\Optitrack\Drivers", but "C:\Archivos de Programa\Naturalpoint\Optitrack\Drivers"

I still have a concern: If Windows does not see the driver, it seems unlikely that a new release of the Tracking Tools will fix the problem (unless we're talking of a new release of the drivers themselves).
Birch

Post by Birch »

Hello,

There is a software compatibility listing on the Hardware Key product page, we are sorry that you overlooked it.

The upcoming 2.0 release of the Tracking Tools includes USB drivers for the Hardware Key as well as application level support for communicating with it. The current OptiTrack and Tracking Tools installers do not include USB drviers for it.

If you haven't sent an email to support@naturalpoint.com to get things rolling yet, please do so. As mentioned earlier, we will try to work something out for you.
Compatible with
* ARENA� Motion Capture Software 1.4 or later
* ARENA Expression� Face Motion Capture Software 1.4 or later
* Tracking Tools 2.0 or later
http://www.naturalpoint.com/optitrack/p ... dware-key/