2 applications at once

gaming247

2 applications at once

Post by gaming247 »

Hello,

Is it possible that two applications share the data from trackir. For example: Can i control another program with trackir and have view control in my sims at the same time ?
Wayne

Re: 2 applications at once

Post by Wayne »

gaming247,

I am not 100% sure that I understand your question, but if you are asking if you can make TrackIR control to seperate programs at the same time then I will have to say no.

If I have missunderstood your question, then please let me know.
gaming247

Post by gaming247 »

Yes, that�s what i wanted to know.

I had the following Idea:
Although trackIR makes Games a lot more immersive, the effect is a little bit reduced because u have to move your eyes in the opposite direction to your head in order to keep the monitor in sight. which is unnatural.

So you could mount a small mirror above the lens of a beamer. (Mirror has to be 45 degrees to the lens).
The beamer has to be 90 degress (standing on the backpanel) to the projecting screen.
This little mirror is connected to a servo motor which is controlled by a little c-programm and trackIR.
So if you move your had right the small mirror would turn right and the so the projected picture on the wall would move right.
With this system you would get a kind of surround gaming environment.
In connection with another servor motor u could realize up and down movement as well.
Your eyes would also stay straight, because the picture would move with your head.
I hope u understood my idea.
I am kinda of interested what others think.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

gaming247,

These are cool ideas, even if they would be very difficult to implement at this time.
It would be much easier to move the display to your eye, using a video display goggle, which would work very similar to the original monitor.

And NO this is not the next thing on the list, but ya kinda got me thinking now.

This is the place to post your ideas, I know Jim keeps a very close eye on this part of the forum.