standalone arena just for data editing

aruncarlos

standalone arena just for data editing

Post by aruncarlos »

i wonder can u guys in naturalpoint can provide us with standalone arena just for editing mocap data?

i mean, if we have to capture about a week or our mocap studio being rent by somebody on some period of times AND we need to clean up the data ASAP, we can only edit and clean-up mocap data once mocap sessions finished and have to work in the lab(studio). wouldn't it best idea if we have separate software just for clean-up data in our own office room or even anywhere?

Motion Analysis has that capabilities..they provide extra software with extra license. I know because i used Motion Analysis before.

what say u guys?
VincentG

Re: standalone arena just for data editing

Post by VincentG »

You can purchase a separate software license, and activate it with a hardware key, so it can be run independently of the license you are using for capture.
aruncarlos

Post by aruncarlos »

thanks vincent 4 the quick response..

i reckon the price will be the same either it's for capturing or just for editing , right?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

correct
aruncarlos

Post by aruncarlos »

one more thing...
is Arena will run without any cameras present or attached to the laptop/pc?
As i read from your license activation, it needs camera present or it's just for activation purposes? if that the case, in order 4 me to use arena on another laptop/pc, i've to attach usb for all cameras first?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

You only need the camera/hardware key that the software is licensed to, attached to the system. So if you have a second license, and activate it to the dongle/hardware key, that will allow the software to run on the second system.

http://www.naturalpoint.com/optitrack/p ... dware-key/
aruncarlos

Post by aruncarlos »

thanks vincent...

i'll ask my reseller where is my hardware key as i purchased arena last year..:)