Track IR 4 not working properly PLEASE HELP!

Ray2310

Track IR 4 not working properly PLEASE HELP!

Post by Ray2310 »

hi, i purchased Track IR pro along with the Trackclip Pro around end of last year..i got it both working thru trial and error. well around yesterday i opened up my track ir pro and where it ment to say "device info-" it said "device info- device not detected" i had everything installed okay.. so what i did was i re installed the track IR software( not a good idea) after i reinstalled it i pluged the track ir 4 in and it said "windows has sucsefully vonfigured you hardware" so everything was good i restarted my computer also... when opened up TIR4 and Flight Simulator X nothing appeared in the device again and nothing appeared in the current game and current profile thing.. before it used to be current game -Flight simulator X" and current prodile "Flight" i also tried connecting it with my track clip nothing still happend i reinstalled it about 8 times today and only one time it worked but i was using the vector to track my head movement when i pluged in my track clip nothing happend annd it just didnt work again!... so when i switch on my computer i select TIR4 from my desktop and it still says no device detected even though it is connected

please please please help me

help would be MUCH apprecieted

Cheers

Ray

just a quick edit : i tried it one nmore time heres my steps:

- run the installer

-once thats dont i plug in my TIR4 and trackclip together.

-once the driver is installed i re start my comp

- then i click the track ir laucnher on my desktop

- i wave the vector and/ the trackclip to the camera no lights going on and under device info it says : Device info - no device detected.. (BUT IT IS CONNECTED!!) i can see the blue light flashing on the bottom of my camera

PLEASE HELP AGAIN!!
Dave Harris

Re: Track IR 4 not working properly PLEASE HELP!

Post by Dave Harris »

I'm afraid that I also have to join the "having nothing but trouble with "Flight Sim X" club.

I have spent 2 days now trying everything that I have seen on this forum to get FSX working with TrackIR.
(Repaired Flight Sim X and Acceleraton Pack , Deleted and Re-installed Flight Sim X, Acceleration and TrackIR drivers (newest ones), making sure that Track is in Admin mode, the Windows sxs fix, tried Vector, Pro making sure that I was using correct settings, updated PC's drivers etc),

EVERYTHING else that should work work with TrackIR on my PC does work, its just Flight Sim X that wont have it.

I'm right out of ideas to be honest I am fed up of this messing about.
This matter needs sorting by Natural Point as thee are plenty of people complaining about the same thing.

I will probably bin Flight Sim X now until Natural Point release a fix for this which seeing the number of people that are having problems with it, surely has to be a priority.

PS/... Oh, hello folks.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

[quote=RaY23]hi, i purchased Track IR pro along with the Trackclip Pro around end of last year..i got it both working thru trial and error. well around yesterday i opened up my track ir pro and where it ment to say "device info-" it said "device info- device not detected" i had everything installed okay.. so what i did was i re installed the track IR software( not a good idea) after i reinstalled it i pluged the track ir 4 in and it said "windows has sucsefully vonfigured you hardware" so everything was good i restarted my computer also... when opened up TIR4 and Flight Simulator X nothing appeared in the device again and nothing appeared in the current game and current profile thing.. before it used to be current game -Flight simulator X" and current prodile "Flight" i also tried connecting it with my track clip nothing still happend i reinstalled it about 8 times today and only one time it worked but i was using the vector to track my head movement when i pluged in my track clip nothing happend annd it just didnt work again!... so when i switch on my computer i select TIR4 from my desktop and it still says no device detected even though it is connected

please please please help me

help would be MUCH apprecieted

Cheers

Ray

just a quick edit : i tried it one nmore time heres my steps:

- run the installer

-once thats dont i plug in my TIR4 and trackclip together.

-once the driver is installed i re start my comp

- then i click the track ir laucnher on my desktop

- i wave the vector and/ the trackclip to the camera no lights going on and under device info it says : Device info - no device detected.. (BUT IT IS CONNECTED!!) i can see the blue light flashing on the bottom of my camera

PLEASE HELP AGAIN!![/quote]

Have you tried plugging the TrackClip Pro, and the TrackIR in seperately?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

[quote=DavyTASB]I'm afraid that I also have to join the "having nothing but trouble with "Flight Sim X" club.

I have spent 2 days now trying everything that I have seen on this forum to get FSX working with TrackIR.
(Repaired Flight Sim X and Acceleraton Pack , Deleted and Re-installed Flight Sim X, Acceleration and TrackIR drivers (newest ones), making sure that Track is in Admin mode, the Windows sxs fix, tried Vector, Pro making sure that I was using correct settings, updated PC's drivers etc),

EVERYTHING else that should work work with TrackIR on my PC does work, its just Flight Sim X that wont have it.

I'm right out of ideas to be honest I am fed up of this messing about.
This matter needs sorting by Natural Point as thee are plenty of people complaining about the same thing.

I will probably bin Flight Sim X now until Natural Point release a fix for this which seeing the number of people that are having problems with it, surely has to be a priority.

PS/... Oh, hello folks.[/quote]

OK, you are having a seperate issue.

What version of Windows are you using?

Running any firewall/antivirus software?
Dave Harris

Post by Dave Harris »

Hello Vincent.
I am running Vista Home premium 32 bit and using Avast Anti virus and Windows Vista firewall.

I am pleased to say that I have now resolved my issue.

I ran the SFC /scannow system files check and it showed that there were some corrupt system files that could not be repaired.
I then used a Hard Drive back up program called Paragon Hard Disk Manager to restore the hard drive from the last backup I made, which was done before I purchased my Track Ir.

Doing this and a new install of the Track Ir software has sorted my problem with Flight Sim X.

The Track Ir program still tends to "crash" now and then and I was wondering if it should be used with the Windoxs XP mode enabled or not.

Thanks for your help.
Davy
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

No, it should work fine in standard Vista install.

Are you running any software in the background, other than the firewall/anti-virus stuff?
Dave Harris

Post by Dave Harris »

Startup programs on my PC are Windows defender, Razer copperhead mouse, , Avast anti virus and the Microsoft Office "GrooveMonitor" thingy.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

The crashing could be a conflict with one of the other applications running in the background.