Track Clip Pro vs. Included Track Clip

tre1039

Track Clip Pro vs. Included Track Clip

Post by tre1039 »

Hi - I just received TrackIR Pro and the Track Clip Pro this week. I'm using it with FSX and I've noticed a big difference in trackability between the track clip pro and the track clip (the piece that you put on a hat)... that being that the tracking via the trap clip works MUCH better for me for some reason. With the track clip pro, it keeps losing my tracking (and flashing quickly between "no data" and "tracking") when I turn only slightly to the right and left, and also to a lesser extent, looking up and down. This causes the view to stutter in game.

The positioning of the track clip pro on my headset is as instructed on the quick start guide and my positioning in relation to the sensor device is the same using both track clip devices. Can somebody please suggest some settings I should use or something else I should try to get better performance with the track clip pro? Thanks.
VincentG

Re: Track Clip Pro vs. Included Track Clip

Post by VincentG »

With the Clip Pro, the camera should be on the left side of the monitor.

The 3 green objects should be centered on the tracking screen.
outfctrl

Post by outfctrl »

I am with you on that. I am using the hat clip more than the headphone clip. Seems to be smoother and less resetting with the F12 key. The headphone clip is kind of loose and it tends to miss-align more. It wont stay vertical most of the time.

Maybe I should play around with it a little more and get it to work right.
wazandy

Post by wazandy »

The left side of the monitor? Still on the top or taped to the side?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

On top still is fine
Barred

Post by Barred »

On top about 3 inches (75mm) from the top left corner of your monitor.
BernadetteS

Post by BernadetteS »

I luckily found this because it seems that there are with me also great problems when using TrackIR pro and thus its headphone clip instead of the hat clip.

FSX does freeze after while and thought that it could be a conflict with the Saitek 52 pro joystick, but will now first go for a go with the hat clip attached to my headphone instead of the TrackIR headphone clip and see what it does.

Maybe the fsx freeze could thus be related to the once in a while erratic behavior of TrackIR pro with the headphone clip and a screen that changes angle to quick for the PC or FSX to catch up on it.

If that's the case, then it will be good to know where the problem really is situated and what perhaps need to be tried to accomplish in a next update in the version 5 beta to this regard.
BernadetteS

Post by BernadetteS »

Nope, did just a test with the hat clip and the same problem occurred in that FSX freezes.

Thus it most probably must be related to a conflict situation somewhere, and probably with the saitek as it's to me the only logical thing I think.

P.S. Maybe found at least a possible other culprit than the saitek with regard to the freezing of FSX. So will do a complete overhaul in trying to get it work by first of all getting FSX to work properly once again without TrackIR 5 yet installed, as I found out that it also freezes it completely being uninstalled. Dunno know if it will go away, but you don't know till you've tried it as they say.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Answered in other thread.