Track IR 3 not working with FSX

tklineage

Track IR 3 not working with FSX

Post by tklineage »

Track IR 3 used to work with several versions of flight sim X (with SP1 and acceleration installed in that order), x-planes 9, and ArmA all on the last install of windows. I just had to reinstall and now I'm getting it to play with ArmA but not flight sim. I have reinstalled both flight sim and the track ir software and I have also tried older software of track ir that I know used to work. All this with the same results, in ArmA, the blue light on the bottom goes on and tracks...in flight sim, no blue light, no tracking. I appreciate any help that I can get.
VincentG

Re: Track IR 3 not working with FSX

Post by VincentG »

What version of the TrackIR software are you using?

What version of Windows?

Do you have SP1/SP2 installed for FSX?
tklineage

Post by tklineage »

Track IR 4.1 build 30
Windows XP SP3
FSX SP1 and acceleration
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

OK, I would first off go with a clean install of the software, and update to version 4.1.037

Remove the TrackIR software by doing the following:

a. Click "Start"

b. Click on the "Control Panel"

c. Click "Add/Remove Programs"

d. Find "TrackIR" and click "Change/Remove"

e. Once launched it will give the option to completely remove it.

f. Delete the NaturalPoint folder at the following location, C:\Program Files\NaturalPoint

g. Download and reinstall the software from the following location,

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/06- ... nuals.html
tklineage

Post by tklineage »

Ok, well that was completed but unsuccessful. I don't know if it means anything to you but I can run ArmA and get the blue light on the bottom of the camera to come on, Track IR also works with ArmA. But with FSX, there's no blue light and no head tracking.

To be honest with you, I am getting to the point that I am going to need Track IR working by about Monday. I am on the verge of re-installing windows to try again this weekend. I realize that it's overkill but like I said, it will help me immensely with my work and I'm willing to do anything at this point. What are your thoughts about that? And thanks again for you help.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Any add-ons for FSX installed?

Any firewall/antivirus software running that could be blocking FSX/TrackIR?
tklineage

Post by tklineage »

The only add-ons that I have is acceleration and SP 1 (if that can be called an add-on). As for the firewall, I have the same configuration that I was working with before and no-joy.

I appreciate your help and I apologize about going around you but I am running out of time. I am going to have to re-install windows to see if that will work. That was when I started having all this trouble and I seriously need this working right now. I am in military flight school, I have been using FSX as a flight student before and track ir worked great but now we have a ton of routes that we have to know and we reference most of the routes to roads. You can see how it could be of service again. I will hopefully be back here with good news.
Sinister

Post by Sinister »

any update on this ?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

I haven't heard anything since he was going to reinstall the OS.