Tracking Tools 2.0 timeline and a question

dashesy

Tracking Tools 2.0 timeline and a question

Post by dashesy »

Hi,

What is the schedule for TT2.0 to be out?
We rather buy it from the beginning instead of starting with Rigid Body.
If we get Rigid Body (RB) then how the extra year of maintenance works? Looking at the specs of TT2.0, it looks to be what we need, with simple rigid body tracking capability. I was reading in the forums that you have provided TT2.0 to some of your existing RB customers.
We have a deadline of about 4 months to show our first video tracking add-on to our customers.

One more question, if I use a camera for tracking, can I access the raw frame data (preferably the color picture) in order to record the scene (along with the tracking points, laid on top of the captured video)?

Thnx
dashesy
beckdo

Re: Tracking Tools 2.0 timeline and a question

Post by beckdo »

You can request access via support to the most recent beta release of the Tracking Tools by purchasing the Rigid Body Toolkit. Tracking Tools availability is imminent but I don't have a date for you.

The Tracking Tools can record and give access to one or more grayscale cameras while tracking in both real-time and with recorded data.

Keep in mind that cameras running with the in-camera processing modes enabled for detecting markers aren't able to provide full-grayscale images, they only transmit pre-processed image data. You can switch the cameras between modes, but you can't get pre-processed and raw grayscale simultaneously from the same camera.
dashesy

Post by dashesy »

Thank you Doug it was helpful.

So, that means we have to buy Rigid Body and get those TT2.0 betas. So what happens after TT2.0 is ready? can we transfer the license to TT2.0 and buy the extra year of support for it?

How long does it take to switch the in-camera processing mode? I want to see how much drop in frame-rate I am gonna get and If I do it frequently does it harm the camera?
The reason I am asking is that I need to know if I have to buy another camera just for video recording (which is not necessarily an IR camera). For my prototype I can get more cameras, but we want to keep the price low for the end product that we are gonna sell. And also it is preferable to have the extra camera be compatible with TT2.0 so that we wont need to install a driver just for video recording.

Thanks
dashesy
beckdo

Post by beckdo »

You should probably email support for details on licensing. I may not be giving you 100% accurate information.

You can switch modes on the camera as often as possible without damaging anything. Just running some quick tests at 100 frames/second it looks like switching mode drops typically 1 or no frames as it transitions modes.