Possible with a Mac ?

olof

Possible with a Mac ?

Post by olof »

Hi all !

I use X-Plane (8.40) on a Mac (G5). Is it possible to use any of the trackir products to flight planes and helos ???

It would be very nice !

Thank you

[ July 25, 2006, 04:34 AM: Message edited by: Olof ]
VincentG

Re: Possible with a Mac ?

Post by VincentG »

Currently, the TrackIR software is only compatible in a Windows environment.
BM357_TinMan

Post by BM357_TinMan »

How soon until it is ported for Mac?

I think that if it were usable on Macs, then X-Plane's developers would have that much more incentive to get 6dof implemented in X-plane.......
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Unfortunately we currently have no immediate plans for developing in the OSX environment, but if you know anyone interested in helping, feel free to contact us.
Gourmador

Post by Gourmador »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Vincent]Unfortunately we currently have no immediate plans for developing in the OSX environment, but if you know anyone interested in helping, feel free to contact us. [/quote]

Hello, i think i`m not alone to want the trackir for the Mac-environment.
When is the trackir-system available for the mac?

Greetings, Gourmador.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Thank you for your continued interest In the TrackIR product line, and OSX. Currently we do not have any further updates, than what we have already posted.
Gourmador

Post by Gourmador »

:(
drummah

Post by drummah »

There is a huge community of Mac users of X-Plane like games - I'm waiting for TrackIR software to be ported to Mac for a long time. I think it will be a great advantage to your product.
Mac23

Post by Mac23 »

As far as I have checked this forum we've been waiting for a Mac driver since 2006. So almost 5 year anniversary :(
romulus447

Post by romulus447 »

I've been waiting for a MAC version since 2007 - I have not used my IR 4 since. Checked out the site several times thinking that finally we there would be supported software. There still is none. Now I believe that the limitation is the programmers ability to make drivers for any other machine other than PCs. With that said, they should find someone with the skills and ability to create drivers for their products - or perhaps mac does recognize it, but there is no software for it. If That is the case, the software should just be made open source.