Track IR B3 Things

BMoffa

Track IR B3 Things

Post by BMoffa »

The only place I use my Track IR is in IL-2 with the 6DOF Patch so my experiences may be a bit limited. Overall, I really like the new interface. Here are some things I have found so far.

- I find the motion adjustment a bit hard to use because it is so small. I think it should be 2 or three times bigger. The camera view can be much smaller.

- In IL-2 I sometimes get a wrapping effect when I turn to look behind. I believe this is because IL-2 rotation is limited. What happens is I look back to one side then at some point my view jumps all the way around to the other side. As I turn back it jumps back to the original side. You may need to add a motion limit to the motion adjustment.

- True View is not working at all in B3.

- I still think you should provide an option to link X movement to Yaw so that looking back automatically moves x to the same side I am looking--Like what really happens when you look over your shoulder.
BMoffa

Re: Track IR B3 Things

Post by BMoffa »

True is working. I had to increase the x movement to notice it.
meditek

Post by meditek »

I totally agree with the motion limiter. I put this forward last week but was told that i could do it with the software. Well, you can but it's like making boiling an egg a 10 stage process! It would seem pretty simple to have a 'degrees of movement' setting in the software. Frankly, I feel the software simply isn't up to the standard of the hardware. It is unusual to find this in a US based company but pretty standard from Far eastern ones.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

We will be adding limits to the motion in an upcoming release. The initial decision to keep motion open ended was deliberate, in that we don't like the idea of limiting what customers can do with their product. But, it seems that many would like the limits to be in place nonetheless, so they're coming.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
meditek

Post by meditek »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Seth]We will be adding limits to the motion in an upcoming release. The initial decision to keep motion open ended was deliberate, in that we don't like the idea of limiting what customers can do with their product. But, it seems that many would like the limits to be in place nonetheless, so they're coming. [/quote]

Hmm, well what you are suggesting here is not what we had in mind. You appear to be suggesting that the new software will IMPOSE limits. We were suggesting the ability for the user to set his own limits which is quite a different thing. The former is a restrictive imposition whilst the latter would provide a useful but voluntary addition.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

I see. We'll look into the feasibility of this for a future build or release.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
jmagness

Post by jmagness »

I agree with Meditek that what we need is the ability to limit the motion. It's a major distraction when you turn your head to check your six. The movement moves to 180 degrees then you get a jump beyond 180 degrees. Otherwise, TrackIR 5 is a great product improvement.

Thanks, MM
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi Mag,

We are examining the feasibility of integrating a simpler workflow for view limiting, but for the time being, you can cap movements in the 5.0 software motion curves by anchoring a control point at 0 Y value. Adjusting its X value up/down until the limit is capped where you want in-game should do the trick.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
jmagness

Post by jmagness »

Sorry to be a pest on this Seth but I'm not sure I understand your instructions. I dropped the Y value of the last point in my Yaw curve to 0 and experimented with changing the X axis but can see no change... in game head movement is still beyond 180 degrees. I'm not sure I'm making the correct adjustments. A sreenprint of the revised graph would help.

Thanks, MM
Birch

Post by Birch »

You may want to take a look at the following post :

http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubb ... #Post36272