Not enjoying TRACKIR-5. Why ???

bboymassuk

Not enjoying TRACKIR-5. Why ???

Post by bboymassuk »

Hi guys,

Just received my TRACKIR-5 Pro and I was wondering if everyone feels disapointed to start with, when using the device?

I've been waiting for this baby to hit the UK for a while and now I have one, I feel a bit disapointed.

Is it just a matter of getting used to it, or is the config wrong ?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not some fan-boy shooting it down in flames, It just feels wrong at the moment???

Any tips on config guys?

I'm using a single 24inch monitor plaing GRID,rFactor and Race07-GTR.

Any advice? I really want this to work for me as all the demos I've seen on Youtube freaked me out.

I'm just not feeling it at the moment.

WHY?

R.
BboyMassUK
VincentG

Re: Not enjoying TRACKIR-5. Why ???

Post by VincentG »

What seems to feel wrong?

Is it behaving erratically?

Too quick?

Too slow?

What version of Windows are you using?

What do you see in the Camera view?

Are you using the TrackClip, or TrackClip Pro?
bboymassuk

Post by bboymassuk »

Ok,

Vista64

TrackClip Pro (going back in the box until I get to grips)

Since loading the beta TrackIR5 software and using the cap clip, its growing on me.lol

Grid is not too good, so I loaded rFactor and HEY, its alot nicer. I'm wanting to move my head more, but of course I need to keep my eyes on the screen (single monitor). I guess the real joy comes into play with 3 monitors and a TripleHead2GO.lol ????

I guess I was expeting toooo much with 1 screen, but like I say its better with he hat-clip (to me anyway) and the old TIR4 software (final) was showing RED smears while track testing.

What does the RED indicate ?

R.
Bboymassuk
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Red is an indication, in the 4x software, that it is IR points that the software sees, but isn't currently being used as tracking objects.

Any red can cause erratic tracking, as the sofftware can try and use the stray IR objects to track.
bboymassuk

Post by bboymassuk »

Thanks dude.
skullxbones

Post by skullxbones »

If it's your first time with TrackIR, it takes a while to get used to it. I've been using mine for a long time now, but when I first got it, it did not feel natural. It' takes a couple weeks before it feels natural.

Also, I have TIR4 hardware and I don't use the new TIR5 beta software because it is not as smooth as the TIR4 software.
maxxxem7771

Post by maxxxem7771 »

Iv noticed the the room has to be completly dark! iv put blankets up on my windows and ether versions of software
works great no problems at all>>>> only problem is that i cant see the key board keys feel like a blind man
BernadetteS

Post by BernadetteS »

That you have to put your room into the dark can't be right because it's very bad for the eyes when using the PC in such an environment.

So I don't suppose the ones who developed it will have done it that way so that people would develop a bad eyesight over time to come.

But yeah, did hit also that wall of experiencing that you can't look straight to your screen anymore once you have to turn your head left or right, which is something necessary in lots of games I suppose when you want to have an advantage against the adversary.

So how can it be setup so that when turning the head a little bit to the left or right would give you for instance a 90� turn instead of just a merely 10 to 20�?

I have to almost turn my head 90� to get 90�. Anyhow, for the moment not a problem as the device itself is causing FSX with me to freeze.

Will do some testing later on based on some advice of a great fan of TrackIR to see if that would work better. But he wrote that TrackIR 5 should have no problems with light anymore or any other thing like red that could intefere with a good working TrackIR device.

And for the little I witnessed is this right. My PC stands next to a big window with lots of sunshine at the moment shining through it. There is no problem of a none working device no matter if it causes FSX to freeze later on at the moment.