TIR 5 stopped working ?

Swedda

TIR 5 stopped working ?

Post by Swedda »

all of a sudden it wont work, all red dots, and more red dots where i dont have any clip pro. could it be that its in the middle of the day ?? should be able to use TIR daytime i guess... posting image.

VincentG

Re: TIR 5 stopped working ?

Post by VincentG »

Have you tried moving USB ports?

Any windows, our light bulbs behind you, within the camera view?
Swedda

Post by Swedda »

i have a window behind me thats facing the camera, could it be that its to bright ? havent switched usb port (connected directly to comp) but will try that.
Swedda

Post by Swedda »

as soon as it got abit darker outside everything worked fine. guess i have to cover up my window daytime.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

I use my TrackIR 5 throughout the day, and my office is quite bright. But, I don't have the sensor facing any windows. Direct sunlight or bright, defined reflections can disrupt tracking, but it doesn't need to be "dark" to have stable tracking. Bright ambient light shouldn't be an issue. But, if a window is in your TrackIR's view, covering the window might be necessary.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Swedda

Post by Swedda »

problem is that i live in northern sweden, and we got "daylight" 24hours a day soon, how do i explain to my wife that i need to cover the window all day everyday :)

just kiddin, she will understand :D i guess it was reflecting so that it lost the points, today it aint as sunny as yesterday and it works just fine.