Re: TrackIR software 5.0 beta 4 available

Post by VincentG »

Are you running Vista 64-bit?
morgan
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by morgan »

Re hotkeys, we've tested hotkeys here and they are checking out OK. Can you send an email to support on this and we can dig deeper?

Re 180 limits, agreed user defined limits are the preferred approach, and is on our feature "short" list. With the current +/- 180 degree view limits in each direction, however, you should be able to pitch in either direction such that you are looking directly behind you. Is this not the case?
meditek

Post by meditek »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Morgan]Re hotkeys, we've tested hotkeys here and they are checking out OK. Can you send an email to support on this and we can dig deeper?

Re 180 limits, agreed user defined limits are the preferred approach, and is on our feature "short" list. With the current +/- 180 degree view limits in each direction, however, you should be able to pitch in either direction such that you are looking directly behind you. Is this not the case?
[/quote]

1. Hotkeys. Very simply when I installed 5.4 my hotkeys didn't work till I re-entered them. Maybe it's just a Vista x64 thing or was simply some sort of minor glitch. Hardly worth worrying about if no one else is getting it.

2. 180 views. As I said in my original post, in AH (with my set up anyway) 180 is insufficient to see your tail in the pitch axis. One must assume that in the normal cockpit view you are centered at around -20 degrees to the horizontal so you can see the panel.
squash

Post by squash »

in the flight sim game i play you are able to rotate your view an infinite amount of times. why should TIR restrict it?
skullxbones

Post by skullxbones »

What happened to the x axis movement in the new beta4? The X axis is now back to the limited movement it is in TIR4 software. The biggest complaint I had with TIR4 was that in FSX in large cockpits you couldn't reach over far enough to the right side of the cockpit to overhead panels to adjust knobs and buttons. It's like there is an invisible wall that stops movement. Previous betas of TIR5 software got rid of the invisible wall, now it back with beta4. Can we get the unlimited movement back?
morgan
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by morgan »

There were no explicit changes to the x-axis movement in Beta4. X-axis behavior *should* be identical to beta3. There were however, some changes to the TrueView behavior to make it identical with the TIR4 software. This would affect X-axis behavior if you have a combined transformation (e.g. look-left, then move right, then look center).

Do you experience X-axis limits in the TrackIR5 software, or just in-game?

Is it possible this is profile related? Can you try scaling up your x-axis curve?

Is the x-axis restriction in conjunction with another head movement (e.g. look left, move right)?
meditek

Post by meditek »

Beta 4 seemed generally better than 3 so could you please quickly bring out a beta 4.1 without that 180 degree feature. Probably take you 5 minutes.
skullxbones

Post by skullxbones »

Do you experience X-axis limits in the TrackIR5 software, or just in-game?
-Just in FSX. I loaded up beta3 to recheck it, and it has unlimited x axis, then reinstalled beta4 and it has limited x axis again.

Is it possible this is profile related? Can you try scaling up your x-axis curve?
-I scaled the x axis in the default profile all the way up and in the software it it's unlimited, but in game it's limited. It's not like low scaling, it's a like you are moving right, then all the sudden your movement stops and you can't go ant further, even though physically I am still moving my head to the right.

Is the x-axis restriction in conjunction with another head movement (e.g. look left, move right)?
-Nope doesn't matter what movement I try, it's limited.

I put FSX on the top half of the screen, and the TIR5 software on the bottom and moved in the x axis. When the axis stops in FSX it is still traveling in the TIR software.

Another thing, I copied some TIR4 profiles into the TIR5 profile directory. After reading your post, I deleted the TIR4 profiles, then restated TIR5 but the old profiles were still showing in the TIR5 software even though they aren't in the profile directory.

I'm also having trouble shutting down the TIR5 software, many times I get not responding errors.
Clayp

Post by Clayp »

With this new beta can we now use profiles from TIR 4???
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=Clayp]With this new beta can we now use profiles from TIR 4???[/quote] Yep. :)

They won't be 100% 1:1, but they will be very close.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack