I need to configure SmartNav4 to my coordination?

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
AdvicePro

I need to configure SmartNav4 to my coordination?

Post by AdvicePro »

I have a condition called Cerebella Ataxia, which is a ballots and cordination and disorder, and I've not been able to properly configure SmartNav to my liking. I have tried the three default settings and had decided that Slow is the best one for me, but I don't think this is enough. Can you suggest what to adjust? In Control Panel > Movement, the Speed is set to Horizontal 2 and Vertical 3. Motion is 40. What is mouse overwrite delay?
VincentG

Re: I need to configure SmartNav4 to my coordination?

Post by VincentG »

The Mouse Override Delay Slider Bar controls how long cursor control is released to the Mouse when the SmartNav detects that the Mouse is being moved. The setting range is from 0-10 seconds.

Is it still to fast?

Have you tried attaching a dot, to the brim of a hat, or end of a mike, for more precise control.
kalorvoe

Post by kalorvoe »

Also don't forget the gravity feature- Smartnav is smart enough to find buttons and things for you.
AdvicePro

Post by AdvicePro »

Vincent, could you please delete this double post?

1) Anyway, I don't understand what is Mouse Override Delay, what is cursor control to be released ?

2) I set the Vertical & Horizontal Speed to 4!
I haven't been receiving replies in my e-mail account, so tell me where I can set notifications.

3) In My Stuff > Edit Preferences of this forum, what are graemlins as in 'Do you wish to be presented with a full list of the graemlins for new Posts?'?
dkehler

Post by dkehler »

[quote=AdvicePro]Vincent, could you please delete this double post?

1) Anyway, I don't understand what is Mouse Override Delay, what is cursor control to be released ?
[/quote]

If there is another mouse or pointing device connected to your computer, the mouse override delay is how long the SmartNav will be temporarily disabled when the other pointing device moves the mouse cursor. It can also briefly disable the SmartNav if some program, like a game, decides to move the mouse for some reason. One game that consistently did this to me was Tiger Woods golf whenever I was trying to adjust the aim of my shot. Therefore, I have mouse override delay on my computer set to 0 or disabled.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

[quote=AdvicePro]Vincent, could you please delete this double post?

2) I set the Vertical & Horizontal Speed to 4!
I haven't been receiving replies in my e-mail account, so tell me where I can set notifications.

3) In My Stuff > Edit Preferences of this forum, what are graemlins as in 'Do you wish to be presented with a full list of the graemlins for new Posts?'? [/quote]

2 - generally this is set in the options menu, within your email application.

3 - icons/emoticons. ( :grin: )
AdvicePro

Post by AdvicePro »

I find my SN4AT to still be too fast, the settings are as follows:

Setup tab:Current profile is Slow
Movement tab:Horizontal 6, Vertical 8, Motion 40, Positioning Relative, & Camera Rotation 0
Behavior ta:Mouse Override Delay .5 seconds
Gravity tab:Use cursor gravity, time until snap .20 seconds & stick duration time 0 seconds

What else do you think I should do?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

The movement for the SmartNAV is too fast?