Support for SHIFT?

NADS

Support for SHIFT?

Post by NADS »

I just wanted to know if there was any word if the next need for speed game shift is going to support trackir? I saw that some of the simbin team was working on the game and it looks like the cockpit cam is in this game. btw i love my trackir don't know how i raced with out one ;)
Seth Steiling

Re: Support for SHIFT?

Post by Seth Steiling »

I've been in touch with the dev team working on SHIFT recently, and it looks like TrackIR will likely be integrated. It might happen post-release, via patch, but that remains to be seen.

-Seth
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
NADS

Post by NADS »

Thank you for the fast reply. That is so cool!!! The TrackIR is got to be the coolest thing ever keep up the good work and again thank you so much for everything!!!!!!!!!
bboymassuk

Post by bboymassuk »

NADS,

i've had Trackir5 for 24hrs now, and I'm just not feeling it mate. Are you using 3 screens with triplehead2go ?

I only have one screen (24inch Sammy), its ok, but not what i expected.

Whats your config?

R.
BboymassUK
NADS

Post by NADS »

no triplehead2go just a 22 sam
mobo:p5k
cpu:qx6850 at 3.6 on liquid
gpu:gtx280 some oc
mem:2 gig crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2 1066
a logitech g25
trackir 4
and i just use the hat clip

it works great for me
sorry for late reply
NADS

Post by NADS »

oh and all i had to change in the profile settings was the roll was wrong so i inverted it
strandproll

Post by strandproll »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Seth]I've been in touch with the dev team working on SHIFT recently, and it looks like TrackIR will likely be integrated. It might happen post-release, via patch, but that remains to be seen.

-Seth [/quote]

The game will soon be released. Do you have any new information about TrackIR Support in NFS Shift? Is TrackIR supported right from the release, will it be patched later in the game or is it still not sure if TrackIR will actually be supported?

Thank you for your answer.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

I haven't heard anything new. I think it's going to come down to the wire as to whether TrackIR gets integrated in time for release. I would be pretty surprised if it doesn't get integrated at all, but I think the devs are still trying to see if they can implement it before final.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
racerg

Post by racerg »

I am stoked for this Sim...I am really surprised SMS forgot about TrackIR, with all the buzz about the ability to look around in the cockpit, it seems a natural fit for this title. Console racers will be disapointed that only gamepad users have the analog stick necessary for full cockpit viewing.

Any possibility TrackIR will ever be supported by a major console?

Thanks.
jcdenton

Post by jcdenton »

Thanks for being on top of this. I am a new owner of a TrackIr 5, and ultimately I've realized that this peripheral will live or die based on how vigilant you guys are at getting it integrated with games. So far it's been a lot of fun with the games I have, particularly HAWX.